Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
The department forms part of the firm's Disputes, Investigations and Advisory Division and advises on a wide range of general corporate and commercial tax matters, both domestic and cross-border.
Reflecting the firm's key practice strengths and diverse client base, our work has a particular focus on:
- real estate, acting for developers, financiers and investors;
- funds, acting for investors, sponsors and management teams across all asset classes;
- corporate, from listed company work to private equity
- infrastructure and oil and gas
A substantial part of our business involves supporting and working with other practice areas across the firm but an increasing proportion is standalone advisory work, including contentious and tax litigation matters.
We form part of the firm's international tax practice with expertise in the US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain and Australia.
We pride ourselves on having a wide and general tax practice and on being adaptable, pragmatic and constructive.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic tax lawyer to join a collegiate and growing team offering high quality tax work across a broad range of practice areas and excellent career development and responsibility.
We are seeking to hire a 4 - 6 year PQE tax specialist who is experienced in the structuring of private investment funds and their carried interest and co-investment arrangements. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join a friendly and expanding team with a great flow of interesting, innovative work. We are keen to speak to people who want to work full or part time and whether qualified as a lawyer, accountant or tax adviser.
Essential skills and experience
- Mid level lawyer with experience in an international law firm (4-6 PQE only)
- Excellent technical and analytical skills across contractual drafting, due diligence and providing regulatory and strategic advice
- A desire to build on client relationships and develop own client network
- Manage projects and transactions, and liaise closely with colleagues, clients, counterparties and other advisers
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for business development and strong interpersonal skills
- Dedicated to understanding clients' needs and delivering a first class service
- Understanding the industries and the commercial challenges and opportunities in which our clients operate
- Enthusiasm for the subject area and proactive, organised, and enjoys working in a team
- Advising corporate and commercial clients on tax matters in a domestic and international context
- Advising on some or all of the following: fund structures and terms, real estate, private equity, management and executive incentive plans, oil and gas, infrastructure,
- Drafting structure papers
An established Associate Career Path Framework is in place clearly defining expectations and outlining opportunities for promotion.
Opportunities often arise for associates to spend time on secondment in house with a key client of the firm. From time to time, secondment opportunities also come up within other Ashurst offices in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.