Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
As the Head of Data Delivery at Ashurst, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the effective delivery of data solutions and insights. Reporting to the Head of Ashurst Service Central (ASC), you will lead a dynamic team responsible for reporting, data governance and data quality. Situated within a global delivery centre, you will be instrumental in supporting the delivery of the firm's data strategy.
You will work collaboratively across diverse teams including ASC, IT and Risk & Compliance, ensuring adoption and integration of data initiatives. Your responsibilities will extent to implementing and driving robust data governance practices, establishing policies and standards to uphold data quality and continually optimising reporting and data delivery processes to meet the evolving needs of the firm. Through mentorship and development initiatives, you will empower your teams to excel in their roles, fostering a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Lead and manage a centralised reporting team, responsible for delivering timely and accurate reports, aligned with business needs.
- Direct the efforts of the data governance and quality team, ensuring the implementation of policies and standards for data quality, security and compliance.
- Foster collaboration between the central reporting team and other key stakeholders, including the Technical Data team and Enterprise Architecture to ensure seamless integration and alignment with the firm's data programme.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels, including firm partners, to discern data needs. Serve as a bridge between the delivery team and key stakeholders, ensuring alignment with business priorities and expectations.
- Implement strategies and practices that enhance data governance, quality and overall data management. Collaborate with cross functional teams to instill a data-driven culture and elevate data maturity.
- Simplify the current reporting landscape by collaborating with teams to align the reporting catalogue with business needs, emphasising simplification, accessibility and user friendly reporting solutions.
- Continually enhance data delivery processes and methods to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide strong leadership, mentorship and development opportunities for the reporting and data governance teams.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements and internal processes.
- Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience
- Senior data management or delivery role, with substantial exposure to data governance, reporting and analytics management.
- Utilise exceptional communication skills, confidently and professionally interacting with stakeholders at all levels, including firm partners.
- A wealth of experience in elevating data governance maturity, including establishing data owners and implementing data policies.
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing cross-functional teams, preferably within a global business delivery centre or shared services environment.
Desired skills and experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Management or related field (or proven equivalent experience)
- Experience working within the legal or professional services industry is advantageous.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.