Are you keen to find an exciting new role where you will be part of a dynamic, forward-thinking, agile team? If so, come and join us on the journey.
Why Michelmores? Michelmores is the destination law firm for the ambitious, the imaginative and the distinctive. We help enterprises and individuals navigate change to find a positive future.
We are a flexible, friendly and inclusive organisation with as clear a focus on fresh thinking as we have on growth and success. We value and nurture our people’s potential and inspiration and give them a creative, open and collaborative environment in which to develop a career and succeed.
We believe that whatever your legal experience, we think that you’ll find Michelmores different. From day one, we encourage our Paralegals to feel truly part of both the team they support and the wider Firm. Our people are approachable and collaborative. Central to our culture is our friendly and flexible environment, which genuinely allows our people to grow and flourish, both professionally and personally. We really care about what we stand for and want to move forward, together.
What sort of work? Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal to join our experienced Tax, Trusts and Succession team in our London office. In this role you will support the team in delivering a first-class service to clients. This will include:
- Providing efficient and effective legal assistance to lawyers.
- Drafting wills, trust documents and Lasting Powers of Attorney under supervision.
- Completing legal research and be aware of current legislation and legal issues.
- Managing files diligently and review each regularly.
- Assisting the partners with growing the practice by preparing details for seminars, drafting email bulletins and participate in business development events.
Why this team? Our Tax, Trusts and Succession team has a well-established practice and has consistently been awarded top accolades in recognition of the level at which the team operates. You'll be working closely with Dhana Sabanathan, who is ‘independently ranked’ for Private Wealth Law in the Chambers High Net Worth Guide 2023 and recommended in the Legal 500 2023. She has also been recognised in the Citywealth Leaders List as well as Eprivate Client. Dhana is a contributing author at LexisNexis, a member of STEP and on the committee for the STEP City of London branch. She was awarded Silver in the “Woman of the Year – Business Growth Mid Size” category in the 2021 Citywealth Powerwomen Awards.
The team works across all of our offices and advises on a full range of private client matters including the below:
- Tax advice for individuals and their wealth
- The orderly succession of wealth from one generation to the next
- The creation and administration of trusts and other vehicles to hold and manage private wealth
- The governance of family-owned businesses
- Trust disputes
- Will preparation
How do we work? We take a flexible, agile approach to working patterns. As a team we agree together on the best working arrangements that will enable each of us to provide exceptional client service, to collaborate and connect with colleagues, and to achieve the right home/work balance.
In this team, you would be required to work from the office at least 3 days a week, working the remaining days from home. We pride ourselves on our high-performance culture whilst offering a good work/life balance.
As a Firm we are committed to supporting our people across all levels to achieve the balance they need. We are open to talking about flexible working and empower any candidate to put forward a flexible working pattern to meet their needs.
Who are we looking for? We are looking for somebody who will understand our values and thrive in our culture. The role will be based in our London office and the ideal candidate will have:
- Law graduate / studying CILEx / previous experience of working as a paralegal or legal PA, ideally in a Tax, Trusts and Succession team.
- Experience of working in a client facing role.
- Experience of working in a process driven environment and working to deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience of consistently delivering exceptional customer service standards would be an advantage.
Other skills required include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; effective communicator at all levels (written and verbal).
- A commercial, pro-active 'can do' and professional approach to work.
- Excellent organisational skills, demonstrable examples of multi-tasking and an ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must interact well with others in a sensitive and effective way - a team player.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and use of discretion.
This is a great opportunity to join a Firm which believes potential, inspiration, and teamwork should be valued and nurtured.
We work hard to create and sustain an open and collaborative environment. We embrace change and constantly evolve to meet our people’s diverse needs, in the same way that we help our clients to navigate and stay ahead of developments, to move forward together.
Next Steps To apply please click here or if you would like to talk to someone about the role, please call Rebecca Pike in our Recruitment Team on 07719 523119.
Michelmores LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We do not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, marital status, age, religion, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation in the selection, recruitment and treatment of our staff.
View our Inclusion and Belonging pages for more information.
*No agencies please – any agency assistance will be via invitation only. Please note any speculative candidates submitted via agencies without invitation will not be considered as represented by that agent.