Are you keen to find an exciting new role where you will be part of a dynamic, unique, forward-thinking team? If so, come and join us on the journey.
Why Michelmores? Michelmores is the destination law firm for the ambitious, the imaginative and the distinctive. We help enterprises and individuals navigate change to find a positive future.
We are a flexible, friendly and inclusive organisation with as clear a focus on fresh thinking as we have on growth and success. We value and nurture our people’s potential and inspiration and give them a creative, open and collaborative environment in which to develop a career and succeed.
As a firm we strive to be more understanding, more ﬂexible and less prescriptive about how we enable our people to succeed in their roles. Central to our culture is our nurturing, friendly and flexible environment which genuinely allows our people to grow and flourish.
We’re always thinking about how we can improve what we do, moving forward, together. From day one we encourage people to believe that there’s no such thing as a bad idea and creativity and innovation is highly prized throughout the Firm.
What sort of work? Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for a Conveyancing Assistant to join our highly experienced Private Property and Landed Estates team (blending Residential, Real Estate and Agricultural work) in our Cheltenham office, 20 hours per week.
In this role, you will support the team in delivering a first-class service to our clients.
- Undertaking file management to include, scheduling of deeds and documents, completing the archiving process and complying with e-filing protocols.
- Office cover for printing, post, scanning and client hospitality.
Alongside this focus there would be opportunity to develop knowledge and skills and support in the following tasks:
- Onboarding of clients/file opening, to comply with AML and SRA requirements
- Drafting of contracts, initial letters, protocol forms, completion statements.
- Submitting property searches/Land Registry searches.
- Drafting and submitting Land Registry applications via the Land Registry Portal.
- Drafting and submission of SDLT Returns.
- Managing post exchange and completion formalities
- Understanding the obligations relating to client accounts and ensure that the preparation and service of bills and client payments complies with Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- Complying with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements.
Why this team? The team has particular experience with buying and selling large country estates, and high-end residential properties, both in London and the South West. Increasingly, these property transactions involve an international element, and we are able to call upon the expertise of our Private Wealth team, to assist in any necessary tax planning.
How do we work? We take a flexible, agile approach to working patterns. As a team we agree together on the best working arrangements that will enable each of us to provide exceptional client service, to collaborate and connect with colleagues, and to achieve the right home/work balance.
Who are we looking for? We are looking for somebody who will understand our values and thrive in our culture. The role is based in our Cheltenham office and the ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in residential property work (desirable).
- Experience of working in a client facing role.
- Demonstrable experience of consistently delivering exceptional customer service standards.
- Excellent organisational skills and experience of multi-tasking and an ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines in a flexible and proactive way.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; effective communicator at all levels (written and verbal) as the successful candidate will be liaising with clients.
Other skills required include:
- A commercial, pro-active 'can do' and professional approach to work.
- Excelled attention to detail.
- Must interact well with others in a sensitive and effective way - a team player.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and use of discretion.
- Must be flexible, successfully adapting to changing demands and conditions.
This is a great opportunity to join a Firm which believes potential, inspiration, and teamwork should be valued and nurtured.
We work hard to create and sustain an open and collaborative environment. We embrace change and constantly evolve to meet our people’s diverse needs, in the same way that we help our clients to navigate and stay ahead of developments, to move forward together.
Next Steps To apply please click below or if you would like to talk to someone about the role, please call Rebecca Pike, Recruitment Specialist, on 07719523119.
Michelmores LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We do not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, marital status, age, religion, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation in the selection, recruitment and treatment of our staff.
View ourInclusion and Belonging pages for more information.
*No agencies please – any agency assistance will be via invitation only. Please note any speculative candidates submitted via agencies without invitation will not be considered as represented by that agent.