Are you keen to find an exciting new role where you will be part of a dynamic, forward-thinking, agile team? If so, come and join us on the journey.
Why Michelmores? Michelmores is the destination law firm for the ambitious, the imaginative and the distinctive. We help enterprises and individuals navigate change to find a positive future.
We are a flexible, friendly and inclusive organisation with as clear a focus on fresh thinking as we have on growth and success. We value and nurture our people’s potential and aspiration and give them a creative, open and collaborative environment in which to develop a career and succeed.
We believe that whatever your legal experience, you’ll find Michelmores different. From day one, we encourage our Paralegals to feel truly part of the team they support and the wider Firm. Our people are approachable and collaborative. Central to our culture is our friendly and flexible environment, which genuinely allows our people to grow and flourish, both professionally and personally. We really care about what we stand for and want to move forward, together.
What sort of work? Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal to join our Transactional Real Estate team in our Exeter office.
In this role you will support the team in delivering a first-class service to clients. This will include:
- Providing efficient and effective legal and administrative day-to-day support to the team dealing with development clients and wider commercial property work.
- Deal promptly with client enquiries and correspondence.
- Dealing with simple sale and purchase or tenancy transactions.
- Preparing land registry applications and first registration applications (seeing process through from start to finish).
- Drafting SDLT returns.
- Providing an initial point of contact for fielding new enquiries
- Participating in business development events.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all firm and client documentation and/or information.
- Ensure client and matter records are made and maintained in line with the Firm's procedures.
- Managing files diligently and reviewing each regularly.
- Complying with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements.
Why this team? The Transactional Real Estate Team is a leading real estate team operating across all offices and including many individuals named as leading individuals in Chambers and Partners, and offers the full range of services to the Real Estate Sector.
We act for a wide range of private and public sector clients and we have particular specialisms in relation to residential development and the private wealth sector, the energy sector, charities, higher education institutions, healthcare, ecclesiastical, agriculture, retail and sporting facilities and leisure.
Our Real Estate team combines technical know-how with our formidable, commercial approach. We know what first class looks like. Our team members hail from some of the best City practices and many are recognised as 'leading individuals' by Chambers & Partners.
How do we work? We take a flexible, agile approach to working patterns. As a team we agree together on the best working arrangements that will enable each of us to provide exceptional client service, to collaborate and connect with colleagues, and to achieve the right home/work balance.
Most people in the team choose to work 2-3 days a week in the office, with the balance of time spent working from home, from other offices, or client meetings. We pride ourselves on our high-performance culture whilst offering a good work/life balance.
As a Firm we are committed to supporting our people across all levels to achieve the balance they need. We are open to talking about flexible working and empower any candidate to put forward a flexible working pattern to meet their needs.
Who are we looking for? We are looking for somebody who will understand our values and thrive in our culture. The role will be based in our Exeter office and the ideal candidate will have:
- Law graduate / CILEx qualified / previous relevant experience of working as a paralegal, ideally in a real estate team.
- Experience of delivering excellent client service to both external and internal clients.
- Experience of working in a process driven environment and working to deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills, demonstrable examples of multi-tasking and an ability to juggle competing priorities and work well under pressure.
- Excellent IT skills and proficient with Microsoft Office.
Other skills required include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; effective communication at all levels (written and verbal).
- A commercial, pro-active 'can do' and professional approach to work.
- Must be flexible, successfully adapting to changing demands and conditions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must interact well with others in a sensitive and effective way - a team player.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and use of discretion.
- Must be self-motivated, committed to working towards goals with strong enthusiasm and career commitment.
- Self-confidence, initiative, and innovative thinking.
This is a great opportunity to join a Firm which believes potential, inspiration, and teamwork should be valued and nurtured.
We work hard to create and sustain an open and collaborative environment. We embrace change and constantly evolve to meet our people’s diverse needs, in the same way that we help our clients to navigate and stay ahead of developments, to move forward together.
Next Steps To apply please click below or if you would like to talk to someone about the role, please call Lisa Gater in our Recruitment Team on 07355677986.
Michelmores LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We do not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, marital status, age, religion, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation in the selection, recruitment and treatment of our staff.
View our Inclusion and Belonging pages for more information.
*No agencies please – any agency assistance will be via invitation only. Please note any speculative candidates submitted via agencies without invitation will not be considered as represented by that agent.