We are currently recruiting for an Early Careers Recruitment Coordinator to join our team in the London office. This role is integral to the smooth running of our early careers recruitment programmes and the recruitment of our future talent. It will provide administrative and client-facing support to the Early Careers team who are responsible for hiring 80-90 trainees per year, delivering early identification pathways and contributing to the firms Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy. The firm is known for its innovation and this is no different within the Early Careers team, this role will help to evolve our programmes and ensure they remain market leading.
Role and responsibilities
- Providing general operational support to the Early Careers team.
- Dealing with day-to-day recruitment queries from prospective candidates and Partners as well as daily interaction with our Belfast HR administration team.
Support to the Early Careers Team
- Support the recruitment and onboarding for A&O programmes, including the Solicitor Apprenticeship and graduate programmes.
- Support with the organisation and running of A&O programmes including A&O First and Vacation Schemes.
- Organise and host events as part of our student engagement and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion strategy.
- Attending and presenting at student events, including law fairs, skills sessions and presentations (virtual or in-person).
- Own and drive key university relationships for A&O.
- Screen online applications for: A&O First, Vacation Scheme and Training Contract applications, Solicitor Apprenticeship and graduate programmes.
- Support and run assessment centres during our interview seasons.
- Promote A&O opportunities and the brand through social media channels.
- Support ad hoc early careers projects.
- Excellent organisation, analytical and administration skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to work, as travel will be required to university events and some events will take place outside of typical working hours.
- Confident communicator and presenter, friendly and mature in approach.
- Confident engaging with technology to deliver events.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast moving environment.
- Desire to drive improvements within processes.
- Professional, with the ability to handle confidential information.
- Team player.
- Creative and solution orientated.
- Willing to go the extra mile in order to deliver an excellent candidate experience.
- Previous recruitment experience within a fast-paced environment, ideally within professional services is preferred.
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships.
- Be able to identify and evaluate problems and demonstrate the ability to approach and tackle problems effectively.
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems and/or HR systems.
- Competent in Microsoft Office.
- Positive, pro-active attitude and ability to cope under pressure.
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.