At DLA Piper we pride ourselves on leveraging our collective knowledge and skills and training our teams to support the delivery of a high-quality service on transfer pricing projects.
The Firm’s International Knowledge strategy is delivered by Knowledge Professionals in collaboration with dedicated Knowledge Partners in a manner that is tailored to meet the needs of each Group and Sector.
We are looking for an experienced transfer pricing professional to join our International Knowledge Management team as a Knowledge Development Lawyer, reporting to the International Head of Knowledge for Tax and Key Partner stakeholders such as the Head of International Transfer Pricing.
The successful candidate will provide effective transfer pricing technical specialism to enhance the ability of the international tax practices to build brand profile within what is a highly mature and competitive marketplace for legal and tax service providers.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITITES
- Help develop and deliver on the Knowledge strategy for the Transfer Pricing subgroup within the Tax Group, in line with the firm’s overarching Knowledge approach, working closely with Knowledge team colleagues and fee-earners across our international network;
- Enhance the quality of the subgroup’s practice and to be a role model for technical knowledge, skills, and advisory techniques in the subgroup;
- Develop and support on delivery of both client-facing and internal technical training with focus on Transfer Pricing matters;
- Champion the firm’s vision for Knowledge across the subgroup;
- Ensuring that DLA’s Transfer Pricing subgroup are kept aware of legal, regulatory, and commercial developments and providing analysis of the impact of significant developments and how they will affect the practice’s business and its clients.
- You will co-ordinate and work with fee-earners and the marketing teams to execute on the client-facing business development strategy of the Transfer Pricing subgroup;
- Provide routine provision of ideas and collateral to support the production of regular technical legal and sector updates for clients on Transfer Pricing issues and emerging market risks and trends and supervising/editing the final output;
- Assist in the development of internal technical resources to build knowledge databases and precedents relevant to our Transfer Pricing professional (including economists, lawyers and accountants);
- You will ensure relevant legal technical training for the team is in place, which will include preparing and updating training materials, delivery of some training sessions, and supporting fee earners to deliver training;
- You will share knowledge on best practice and training internationally;
- Attending external training conferences to keep up to date with relevant developments in the law, business environment and Knowledge.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.