The purpose of the role is to support the UK Collection team in managing the Firm’s overall debt position in line with the International Credit policy and assist in maintaining a high level of service delivery, whilst continuing a positive relationship with our internal and external clients.
Provide accurate and timely reports highlighting key debt issues when required by Credit Controllers. Working with internal departments in regards to invoice issuing, identifying queries and ensuring timely resolution.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the early Collection steps in line with the Firm’s International Credit Policy to ensure both UK and department cash collection targets are achieved by liaising with Partners and external clients
- Ensure accurate and concise collection notes are maintained within the Firm’s collection system to reflect the current debt position for internal reporting purposes
- Identify client disputes and ensure prompt resolution by working with both internal and external clients whilst ensuring escalation procedures are adhered to at all times
- Provide a high standard of customer service at all times
- Liaising with internal e-billing team in regards to invoice submissions and rejections
- Support the Firm’s personal development initiatives and any departmental projects
- Assist with providing timely and accurate reports to the Credit Control team in line with the department reporting matrix
- Assist Management with Ad Hoc tasks and/or team projects as and when requested
- Monitor the Group Inbox and work within agreed SLAs
- Background in credit control, reporting or administration/customer service
- Working in a target focused environment showing an ability to proactively achieve result
- Experience in a legal or professional service environment would be preferable but not essential
- Strong communications skills both verbally and written with the ability to deal with challenging conversations.
- Has the ability and motivation to work on their own initiative whilst understanding the need to work within a team and support colleagues
- Has the ability to work towards deadlines and achieve objectives whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Versatile and flexible approach which is essential at key financial points of the year
- Excellent Excel skills including Pivot tables and Vlookups
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload effectively to achieve objectives
- Language skills – desirable
The UK Credit Control team has undergone a recent transition and period of growth demanded by an ever evolving International business.
The department has recently played a key role in implementing a new International Credit Policy over the last year which has resulted in the department being seen as a centre of excellence to which other international finance teams will model themselves on. With this there has also been an opportunity of expansion and progression within the team which now includes International Credit Control work for Ireland and the Middle East, managing the relationship and collections for some of the Firm’s international Key Clients and the introduction of a Project Team to work on several initiatives to improve service delivery.
With average monthly collections in excess of £40 million pounds the department supports the UK Partnership in achieving strong financial performance by meeting billing and collection KPI’s. The department also plays a part in maintaining strong client relationships by understanding the individual client billing and payment protocols, acting as a conduit between the Partnership and the Firm’s clients in the resolution of queries, providing guidance and support to Partners and working alongside other business service areas to enable them to deliver a high quality client service.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.