Are you keen to find an exciting new role where you will be part of a dynamic, forward-thinking, agile team? If so, come and join us on the journey.
Why Michelmores? Michelmores is the destination law firm for the ambitious, the imaginative and the distinctive. We help enterprises and individuals navigate change to find a positive future.
We are a flexible, friendly and inclusive organisation with as clear a focus on fresh thinking as we have on growth and success. We value and nurture our people’s potential and inspiration and give them a creative, open and collaborative environment in which to develop a career and succeed.
Our culture really is something special to us. At Michelmores we take pride in how we all work together, whatever our role or seniority, and you’ll really grow and thrive because we encourage people to develop in areas that excite them or makes them different. That’s how we nurture the brightest and best lawyers.
What sort of work? Right now, our highly experienced and award winning Tax, Trusts and Succession team is looking for a Trust Manager to support the Trust Director, Partners and other members of the team in managing a portfolio of trusts to provide an efficient trust administration service.
This is an operational role and the successful candidate will maintain time recording on client matters daily in accordance with the firm's procedures.
Why this team? Our wider Tax, Trusts and Succession team has a well-established practice and has consistently been awarded top accolades in recognition of the level at which the team operates.
The team works across all three of our offices and advises on a full range of private client matters including the below.
- Tax advice for individuals and their wealth
- The orderly succession of wealth from one generation to the next
- The creation and administration of trusts and other vehicles to hold and manage private wealth
- The governance of family-owned businesses
- Trust disputes
- Will preparation
Who are we looking for? We are looking for somebody who understands our values and can thrive in our culture. In this role, you will have the opportunity to further expand your knowledge and build on your experience in our friendly and supportive team.
The role will be based in our Bristol or Exeter office.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in trust administration and management of a large number of trusts
- A qualified accountant or Solicitor
- Experience of liaising with accountants and co-ordinating the preparation of annual trust accounts and tax returns
- Experience of overseeing updates to the Trust Registration Service
- Experience of liaising with HMRC, trustees, beneficiaries and investment managers
- Experience of overseeing payments of tax and other payments and taking responsibility for billing
Other skills required include:
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective communicator at all levels (written and verbal).
- A commercial, pro-active and professional approach to work.
- Excellent organisational skills, demonstrable examples of multi-tasking and an ability to juggle competing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Strong administrative skills ensuring records are kept up to date and meetings minutes are accurately taken.
- Must interact well with others in a sensitive and effective way - a team player and support with overseeing work of more junior members of the team and training them as required.
- Must be self-motivated, committed to working towards goals with strong enthusiasm and career commitment.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and use of discretion. Must be flexible, successfully adapting to changing demands and conditions.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, initiative and be an innovative thinker.
This is a great opportunity to join a Firm which believes potential, inspiration, and teamwork should be valued and nurtured.
We work hard to create and sustain an open and collaborative environment. We embrace change and constantly evolve to meet our people’s diverse needs, in the same way that we help our clients to navigate and stay ahead of developments, to move forward together.
Next Steps To apply please click below or if you would like to talk to someone about the role, please call Lisa Gater in our Recruitment Team on 07355677986.
Michelmores LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We do not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, marital status, age, religion, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation in the selection, recruitment and treatment of our staff.
View our Inclusion and Belonging page for more information.
*No agencies please – any agency assistance will be via invitation only. Please note any speculative candidates submitted via agencies without invitation will not be considered as represented by that agent.