Are you keen to find an exciting new role where you will be part of a dynamic, forward-thinking, agile team? If so, come and join us on the journey
Why Michelmores? Michelmores is the destination law firm for the ambitious, the imaginative and the distinctive. We help enterprises and individuals navigate change to find a positive future.
We are a flexible, friendly and inclusive organisation with as clear a focus on fresh thinking as we have on growth and success. We value and nurture our people’s potential and aspiration and give them a creative, open and collaborative environment in which to develop a career and succeed.
As our clients’ needs change and evolve, so do we. Our business services teams are continuously looking for ways to innovate and attract and retain the best clients and the brightest people. Central to our culture is our nurturing, friendly and flexible environment which genuinely allows our people to grow and flourish, both professionally and personally. We really care about what we stand for and want to move forward together.
What sort of work? Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for a Knowledge and Information Specialist to join our experienced Knowledge and Information Services (KIS) team in our Exeter or Bristol offices.
In this role you will support the KIS team in delivering knowledge and information plans and continuing to embed a knowledge culture at Michelmores. This will include:
- Strategic and operational lead for arranging and delivering training for lawyers in relation to KIS and managing a programme of continuing education for use of KIS databases.
- Operational lead for scheduled one-to-one surgeries to improve lawyer efficiency by effective use of KIS tools and services.
- Promoting KIS services by joining practice and other BST team meetings.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with all practice teams and developing knowledge of Michelmores and our practice areas.
- Providing legal and company/sector research in tandem with the Information Services Manager.
Why this team? The KIS team provide a broad and invaluable knowledge service across all the Firm’s offices. In addition to a physical library, the team manages a gigantic range of online resources, covering the full range of legal sectors and specialisms.
They ensure the legal teams are kept abreast of updates in their specialist fields and sectors and provide bespoke research to individual lawyers on niche matters. The team revolves around the successful transfer of knowledge, which includes ensuring knowledge is shared between teams on information gained from individual matters and transactions.
The team are involved in a wide range of firmwide projects and work closely with the IT department on firmwide initiatives, as well as with the HR Learning team to ensure lawyers maintain their continued professional development.
How do we work? We take a flexible, agile approach to working patterns. As a team we agree together on the best working arrangements that will enable each of us to provide exceptional client service, to collaborate and connect with colleagues, and to achieve the right home/work balance.
Most people in the team choose to work 2-3 days a week in the office, with the balance of time spent working from home or from other offices. We pride ourselves on our high-performance culture whilst offering a good work/life balance.
As a Firm we are committed to supporting our people across all levels to achieve the balance they need. We are open to talking about flexible working and empower any candidate to put forward a flexible working pattern to meet their needs.
Who are we looking for? We are looking for somebody who will understand our values and thrive in our culture.
The role will be based in our Exeter or Bristol offices and the ideal candidate will have:
- Workplace legal library experience.
- Library / Knowledge / Information Management degree or post-grad qualification equivalent.
- Previous experience in a training role.
- Effective and flexible communication at all levels.
- Competent with Microsoft products and with legal information platforms.
Other skills required include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A commercial, pro-active 'can do' and professional approach to work.
- Excellent organisational skills, demonstrable examples of multi-tasking and a methodical approach towards workloads.
- Excellent research skills.
- Must interact well with others in a sensitive and effective way - a team player.
- Excellent training and presentation skills.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to work under pressure and own initiative.
- Must be flexible, successfully adapting to changing demands and conditions.
This is a great opportunity to join a Firm which believes potential, inspiration, and teamwork should be valued and nurtured.
We work hard to create and sustain an open and collaborative environment. We embrace change and constantly evolve to meet our people’s diverse needs, in the same way that we help our clients to navigate and stay ahead of developments, to move forward together.
Next Steps To apply please click here or if you would like to talk to someone about the role, please call Rebecca Pike in our Recruitment Team on 07719 523119.
Michelmores LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We do not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, marital status, age, religion, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation in the selection, recruitment and treatment of our staff.
View our Inclusion and Belonging pages for more information.
*No agencies please – any agency assistance will be via invitation only. Please note any speculative candidates submitted via agencies without invitation will not be considered as represented by that agent.