Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 170 partners and 1000 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Where you'll work
The HR department provides centralised support to the firm’s 1000+ staff in the UK and our international offices. You will work in an award-winning team of four dedicated Learning & Development professionals (with Head, Manager and Administrator) to deliver a first-class learning and development programme to the lawyers, business support staff and PAs of the firm. This is a varied role implementing a wide range of learning and development initiatives. The role is available from 1 April 2024.
What you'll be doing
- Running and assisting in designing skills training, development and induction programmes
- Liaising with other areas of firm on sessions including equity, diversity and inclusion, and wellbeing training
- Supporting compliance training
- Supporting mentoring programmes (including TrowersConnects)
- Introducing and delivering occasional training sessions
- Driving forwards L&D innovation (including Mentimeter)
- Assessing training needs and recommending interventions
- Supporting professional qualifications for all staff
- Updating and developing the firm's intranet and Learning Management System
- Using psychometric tools for L&D purposes
- Assisting with queries on Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and qualifications
- Attending training committee meetings and other L&D-related meetings
- Occasionally travelling to other UK offices
- Other ad hoc duties as discussed with the Head of Learning & Development and Manager
What you'll need
- A passion for learning and development
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written
- A strong team player with a positive and proactive attitude
- Flexibility and commitment
- A self-starter with plenty of initiative
- Enthusiasm and determination
- Strong attention to detail and organisation skills
- Strong service ethic
- Previous legal/professional services experience in a similar role
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.
If you require any further information on any of our vacancies or would like to discuss any adjustments or additional support that you might need either during the recruitment process or after the offer stage, please feel free to contact our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org