Are you keen to find an exciting new role where you will be part of a dynamic, forward-thinking, agile team? If so, come and join us on the journey.
Why Michelmores? Michelmores is the destination law firm for the ambitious, the imaginative and the distinctive. We help enterprises and individuals navigate change to find a positive future.
We are a flexible, friendly and inclusive organisation with as clear a focus on fresh thinking as we have on growth and success. We value and nurture our people’s potential and inspiration and give them a creative, open and collaborative environment in which to develop a career and succeed.
As our clients’ needs change and evolve, so do we. Our business services teams are continuously looking for ways to innovate and attract and retain the best clients and the brightest people. Central to our culture is our nurturing, friendly and flexible environment which genuinely allows our people to grow and flourish, both professionally and personally. We really care about what we stand for and want to move forward together.
What sort of work? We have an opportunity for a Business Services Assistant to join our ambitious Business Services Team in our Exeter office, 21 hours per week.
In this role you will provide efficient and effective service to the firm in the completion of all archiving, post and reprographic requirements. This will include:
• Carrying out photocopying, printing and scanning.
• Organising the preparation of client correspondence for postage.
• Delivery of internal and external mail as required.
• Ensuring that the cost of copying is properly recorded.
• Responsible for all documents kept in the archive store and for maintaining and updating the various computer systems.
• Entering files and deeds onto the system and filing the physical file in the archive store.
Why this team? Covering legal document production, facilities, reception, catering, post, archiving and office support, our Operational Services team keeps our offices running. The team plays a key role in delivering a first-class service to our clients when they visit our offices, maintains our shared working spaces and supports the lawyers in completing their day-to-day activities.
How do we work? We take a flexible, agile approach to working patterns. As a team we agree together on the best working arrangements that will enable each of us to provide exceptional client service, to collaborate and connect with colleagues, and to achieve the right home/work balance.
Who are we looking for? We are looking for somebody who will understand our values and thrive in our culture. The role will be based in our Exeter office and the ideal candidate will have:
• Previous experience in an administrative and working in an office environment.
• Excellent telephone manner.
• Good level of basic education including Grade C or above in Maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent)
• Competent with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook etc) and using data management systems.
Other skills required include:
• Enthusiastic; friendly and a team player.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Positive, and proactive approach to work.
• Excellent organisational, prioritisation and coordination skills.
This is a great opportunity to join a Firm which believes potential, inspiration, and teamwork should be valued and nurtured.
We work hard to create and sustain an open and collaborative environment. We embrace change and constantly evolve to meet our people’s diverse needs, in the same way that we help our clients to navigate and stay ahead of developments, to move forward together.
Next Steps To apply please click below or if you would like to talk to someone about the role, please call Rebecca Pike in our Recruitment Team on 07719 523119.
Michelmores LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We do not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, marital status, age, religion, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation in the selection, recruitment and treatment of our staff.
View our Inclusion and Belonging pages for more information.
*No agencies please – any agency assistance will be via invitation only. Please note any speculative candidates submitted via agencies without invitation will not be considered as represented by that agent.