About Ashurst Risk Advisory
The Ashurst Risk Advisory practice was established to respond to client demand and works with the firm's legal practices to implement and inform legal advice.
With dedicated teams of legal and risk professionals working side by side, Ashurst brings together the technical expertise and critical thinking required to operationalise laws and regulations and support clients to in building resilient business.
After successfully establishing the division in Australia in 2020, our now 100 strong team have developed a market leading reputation and in October 2022 expanded into the UK. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com
What we can offer you
We have established the UK's first legal-led consultancy that offers a truly differentiated client and employee experience in the market. We combine the legal expertise and backing of a leading, global law firm with highly-experienced, specialist consultants to provide unique, integrated, and holistic solutions to our clients so they can navigate the complexities of conducting businesses globally.
We are a team devoted to collaboration, diversity, transparency, and innovation. Our vision is to create a unique culture in the consulting market based around teamwork and a structure that offers everyone a voice and the encouragement to help us build the practice. Our ambition is to hire a highly diverse team combining various personalities, cultures, and professional backgrounds, and offer them the opportunity to directly deal with clients, take responsibility for business development, drive their careers, and help us in defining our strategy, culture and processes.
About the role
We have built a range of consulting services since the practice was established in the UK in October 2022. Our Risk Advisory practice in Australia has successfully built an ESG practice which has been working on a range of high-profile projects with the firm's clients. Due to the success of this practice and client demand in the UK, we are looking to attract an outstanding ESG Director to join our team to establish the offering in the UK.
As a Director, you will be accountable for delivering ESG Risk solutions into a range of industries, especially those in the financial services, energy, renewables, and resources sector.
This will include:
- Working closely with our legal colleagues and clients on responsibility navigating the risks of greenwashing/ESG litigation.
- Working with clients to ensure that ESG oversight is incorporated into organisational risk appetite and performance metrics, is embedded into existing risk management frameworks and processes, and has clear consideration of ISSB (International Sustainability Standards Board) recommendations.
- Assisting clients to navigate the complex ESG practices expected by investors and regulators by conducting risk assessments, establish or review relevant frameworks and procedures, and implement ESG reform through targeted recommendations over disclosures and organisational oversight.
- Working closely with the Risk Advisory data team given quality, reliable and decision-worthy ESG data is key to enabling adequate oversight and disclosure. We have worked with a client on creating automated dashboards and reporting on complex ESG issues.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Taking the lead in identifying, designing, developing and delivering risk management solutions to clients using a range of toolsets and methodologies
- Building trusted client relationships with integrity by putting the client at the centre of service delivery, thinking differently and delivering out of the box solutions to respond to client needs
- Identifying, developing and executing on client opportunities, including developing service offerings, managing bids, developing client proposals, leading pitches and driving go-to-market activities
- Define and develop the growth agenda for the ESG Risk practice, including driving the growth of the team and the ongoing development of the practice strategy
- Leading and influencing senior client stakeholders, being responsible for delivering high quality results and generating effective and impactful solutions
- Provide focused and supportive leadership, coaching and development opportunities for the team
- Proven ability to drive diversity and inclusion agendas, harmonising teams from a range of cultures and backgrounds across the region
- Being bold in the market, building the brand to win business adjacent to the core offerings of the firm
Operating as a Director within Ashurst's new and evolving risk consulting practice, your day will vary greatly. You will work closely with a range of practice leads to contribute to the overall strategic direction of the practice. Your days will be busy and challenging, but the rewards can be exceptional.
- You are an individual with natural gravitas and executive presence, developed by influencing and leading engagements with Boards and C-suite stakeholders.
- You need to have at least 5 years of specialised ESG/sustainability experience and at least 10 years professional experience, ideally within a consulting environment, and are comfortable with the common tools, frameworks and standards in this space.
- You're a self-starter who is keen to work in a fast-paced environment that is always evolving and requires you to be proactive, confident and humble.
- You have proven experience delivering high-quality work for clients and stakeholders in line with expectations and deadlines, including sustainability programs and projects.
- You're confident in autonomously finding solutions to a range of problems, especially those related to risk management, in a commercial and client focused way.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication with a focus on attention to detail. You will have experience writing a range of business documents including reports, letters and proposals.
- You have experience providing the highest quality service to clients and fostering professional and commercial relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- You're passionate about collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team to solve client problems. You actively seek and welcome feedback to support the development of your skills and expertise.
- You're enthusiastic to continue learning and developing your skills and knowledge daily.
- You're excited to work in a team that allows you to take on more responsibility and pro-actively get involved in a range of work, including client interaction and business development.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.