The role is responsible for:
- Delivering an exceptional service for our partners and improving our return on investment through both direct, and indirect, interventions and project management.
- Managing, proactively reviewing, and embedding the development and implementation of our international partner benefits strategy.
- Effectively designing, delivering and managing partner benefits programmes in a legally compliant and cost-effective manner.
- In close collaboration with key stakeholders leading our annual partner benefits cycle activity (e.g. policy renewals) in a legally compliant and cost-effective manner.
- Enabling and supporting local Heads of HR to understand and communicate on partner benefits.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner and build strong, effective relationships with senior stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure that our international partner benefits policies align with our business agenda.
- Using external insights and professional expertise support the continuous improvement and management of our international partner benefits strategy.
- Through proactive collaboration across all stakeholders develop, review and manage our partner benefits policies across all our regions in a manner that balances partner expectations and firm business objectives.
- Develop and deliver informative communication materials that engage partners and help ensure robust, accurate and compliant partner benefits delivery.
- Through robust programme and stakeholder management deliver our annual partner benefit cycle activity effectively on time and to budget.
- Proactively increase the utilisation of technology and our Global Services Centre to streamline and simplify partner benefits delivery.
- Increase the use of data analytics to inform partner benefits decisions and improve our decision making.
- Ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory, financial and corporate requirements and keep abreast of external market activity to ensure that our partner benefits offering is competitive and compliant.
- Manage third-party suppliers robustly to ensure that service standards are at least met, and that delivery is within budget.
- Drive continuous improvement, and proactively discourage complacency, to ensure that stakeholders seek advice from us and hold the team in high regard.
- Develop personal expertise to ensure that the advice provided is always the most appropriate and considers the latest thinking and local sensitivities and market conditions.
- Proactively contribute to broader reward team debate to ensure that we do not operate in specialism silos but rather as a coherent, effective and value adding centre of excellence.
- As and when required deputise for the Senior Manager – Benefits and reward team peers to ensure on-going delivery across the team.
- As required undertake broader project work to support the delivery of the HR strategy.
- International legal or professional services partner benefits management and delivery expertise.
- Up to date knowledge of global market trends, cultural and competitive practices and legislation.
- Proven ability to communicate with, and influence, key stakeholders. The role holder must be able to explain complex matters clearly and simply.
- Strong commercial skills with experience of robustly managing third party delivery and financials.
- Ability to utilise analytical skills and tools to research and effectively resolve complex issues.
- Ability to analyse, organise and present in an engaging manner numerical and statistical data.
- Creative thinking, problem solving and attention to detail.
- Articulate and confident in being succinct and considered.
- Self-starter with high tolerance for ambiguity.
- A working style that can adapt to different audiences and environments.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- The role holder must be able to organise time well to deliver effectively on time and to budget.
- Experience of delivering benefits programmes using SuccessFactors.
This is an exciting time to join the firm. The Reward agenda is being heavily championed, so we have the opportunity to create, and deliver, bold initiatives to ensure that the firm continues to attract and retain the best people going forwards.
The firm has grown significantly over the last 10 years, largely through acquisition in our international markets. To deliver results we work collaboratively with our stakeholders and HR colleagues both in the UK and abroad. This adds interest to our roles and presents great learning opportunities for team members.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.