We are recruiting a Property and Workplace Assistant to be based in our Sheffield office.
The role involves working within a small Property & Workplace team to provide a wide range of onsite operational services.
The role will have a strong focus on reprographics but will also include general office services, mail services, records management, maintenance, and meeting room support as directed by the Property and Workplace Coordinator or Team Leader.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To produce and finish hard copy documents from a wide range of electronic and physical originals to a high standard in various sizes
- Scanning of hard copy originals to store on the document management system or to send electronically as required
- Manipulation and distribution of electronic documents using specialised software including OCR, redaction, and splitting files to ready for distribution via various methods.
- Using bespoke software to create electronic bibles and bundles to be distributed to clients or third parties as required
- Use of secure file transfer process to send large electronic files to external recipients
- To monitor the workflow and log requests as required whilst negotiating new deadlines or offering alternative solutions as required
- Liaise with preferred outsourced service providers to arrange out of hours cover as required
- Deal with approved suppliers to ensure stock levels within the department are maintained
- Dealing with queries and requests from internal and external clients and visitors at all levels
- Assist with incoming and outgoing post, DX and courier deliveries
- Support Records Management (archiving) requests and returns as required
- Distribute all internal deliveries as required
- Issue and delete access cards in line with the firm’s procedures
- Maintain sufficient stationery stock levels within the office
- Support on the set up of meeting rooms including furniture, refreshments, and AV equipment
- Identify and report any cleaning or maintenance issues to the firms agreed external providers
- To adhere to all firm and departmental policies and procedures
- To undertake ad hoc departmental duties from time to time in accordance with departmental and business needs, as identified by the P&W Coordinator or Team Leader
- Polite with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Enthusiastic ‘can do’, positive attitude
- Professional and calm even when under pressure
- Confident and able to build trust and rapport to develop effective relationships
- Customer service focussed
- Proven ability to work closely with others as part of a team
- Good timekeeping and attendance
- Ability to use own initiative
- Flexible to ensure a high standard of service delivery
- Willing to take ownership and responsibility for own actions and duties
- High level of IT knowledge with an understanding of file structures and a wide range of applications
- Experienced in operating production machines in a Reprographics environment
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.