The International Marketing & BD Executives provide support across a range of marketing and business development activities for our International Sectors and Practice Groups.
In this particular Marketing & BD Executive role, you will be aligned to two sectors: Life Sciences, and Media, Sport & Entertainment. You will deliver a wide range of activities to support these teams. Acting in a pivotal role, you will be required to deputise for senior sector Marketing & BD colleagues, provide advice and guidance direct to our partner/lawyer community and be able to delegate and manage workflow to others to support you in the delivery of tasks. You will work closely with colleagues in our Global Service Centre based in Warsaw. In the International Marketing & BD Executives team, you will share knowledge and best practice in all areas of marketing, communications and BD, in relation to sectors and practice groups.
This role will have particular focus on all countries outside of the Americas (united in DLA Piper International LLP) but at all times working closely in alignment with the US sector and practice group contacts and with our Global Service Centre based in Tampa.
The international scope and varied nature of this role means candidates will have exposure to all areas of marketing activity across the business, receiving opportunity to develop their careers as a result of the rounded knowledge they will obtain.
Ocassional travel within the UK and internationally is a requirement of this role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (across the international firm):
Marketing: coordinate the delivery of activities to support the sector plans; act as support lead and/or coordinator on the delivery of profile raising activities including Events, Legal Directory and Legal Award submissions, Sponsorships, Website & Digital content, Client Communications, Marketing Collateral. Ensure that all marketing activities support delivery of the firm’s strategic objectives and that all materials produced reflect DLA Piper’s brand and adhere to the brand guidelines.
Business Development: support our partners and lawyers in introducing sector specific legal solutions (Products and Propositions) to relevant Key Clients; support sector marketing colleagues in their targeting of leading industry “buyers” and influencers; help ensure a compelling message is relayed in major sector pitches by acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME); play a leading role on ensuring our BD messages are consistent across all standard capability statements and pitching content. Work closely with senior marketing colleagues, ensuring BD strategies and messaging is being shared between aligned practice groups and sectors enabling strong and cohesive go to market tactics to be deployed.
Systems and Process: support the implementation of sector marketing plans; hold responsibility for the sector intranet site; support the marketing management team in engagement with the sector leadership teams, and in communicating with the wider fee earner community; ensure up to date sector credentials are maintained and boilerplate content is regularly updated in order to deliver compelling sales messages.
The role holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time.
The ideal candidate must:
- be able to demonstrate a strong commercial awareness in both approach and delivery
- possess good project management skills in relation to delivering Marketing & BD campaigns
- demonstrate accuracy, attention to detail, and consideration of how to present deliverables in a user-friendly manner
- demonstrate a professional approach in terms of commitment and internal client care
- be able to provide a high quality service whilst operating remotely from the end user
- be able to demonstrate experience in dealing with a demanding workload and conflicting priorities
- be confident operating on their own initiative, owning projects and seeing them through to conclusion with limited supervision
- possess excellent communication skills along with proven experience of working in a virtual team environment
- have a sound understanding of professional marketing approaches, new business issues, sales and pitch processes within the legal sector and particularly how these apply to sector and practice group marketing strategies
- have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
- be able to multi-task and work to deadlines, be methodical and logical, as well as thrive in a robust and fast-paced environment
- have the ability to see delegated tasks through to completion at a high standard
- have the ability to stay calm and composed in often demanding situations
- display a consistently positive attitude and adopt a ‘can do’ approach as well as being able to work well on own initiative and also as part of a wider team; collaborative working style
- be IT literate – experience of Excel, Word 2010 and Outlook is essential; experience of using InterAction/CRM systems would be beneficial
- hold a Degree/CIM Professional Certificate in Marketing (desirable)
- demonstrate ability to understand and identify with the firm and its objectives and values
- demonstrate ability and willingness to understand and identify with the sectors of your alignment
This job description is not designed to be exhaustive and can be varied, as required, to develop or fulfill the role of the Marketing & BD Executive, International Practice Groups & Sectors.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.