We are recruiting a Team Coordinator, within our Legal Administration team in our Dublin office.
In many of our offices, ‘Hubs’ have transformed how secretarial services are delivered; with team members sharing the workload. Hubs also provide opportunities for developing a broader range of skills for pursuing a defined career path, networking and knowledge-sharing. These opportunities were not possible with the traditional model.
We are proud of our history of secretaries progressing to take leading roles in the strategy setting and day-to-day running of our secretarial function.
We have 4 levels of role in the team:
- Team Coordinator – Manages and takes responsibility for the efficient running of the team. Oversees incoming work flow. Distributes tasks appropriately amongst the team whilst operating as a senior level Secretary. Responsible for communicating with fee earners to keep them appraised of a task or project status.
- Senior Secretary – Takes ownership for the efficient running of the team by role-modelling as an effective and responsible team member and acts as workflow supervisor where required.
- Secretary – Provides general secretarial and administration services as part of the secretarial team.
- Team Apprentice – An apprenticeship level role for those developing their skills, undertaking routine administration tasks at the direction of the Team Coordinator.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Managing the secretarial team and working collaboratively with partners and fee earners to deliver an exceptional secretarial service by:
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the hub is running effectively and in line with model standards
- Performance management of the team including conducting annual PMR process, absence management process in the team
- Utilises skill in influencing stakeholders, quickly building rapport through pro-active development of close professional relationships and active attempts to influence events to achieve goal
- Supporting the secretarial team by ensuring the timely completion of the support team’s shared work, ensuring work of an appropriate level is dealt with according to priority;
- Identifying learning and development needs for the team and seeking training solutions
- Managing resource effectively to maximise productivity and minimise cost
- Collaborating with the location head to manage in office attendance in accordance with business needs
- Achieving long and short term goals for self and team through effective planning and utilisation of the team
- Undertaking work of a confidential nature, or requiring high level skills and expertise;
- Undertakes specialist tasks pertinent to relevant practice group
- Specialist expertise in practice group tasks and super-user on specific tools, client care and knowledge management support;
- Ensuring accurate and timely use of our finance management system to facilitate matter opening, maintenance, closure and archiving. Generating accurate billing reports, letters and draft bills in a timely manner. Managing accounts payable (invoices), expenses and disbursements. Recording time for fee-earners when required (including non-billable productive time) on a daily basis
- Demonstrating exemplary file management of correspondence, emails and research in a practical and easy to use manner;
- Coordinating internal and external client meetings and ensure all work activities are scheduled effectively, including the identification and resolution of potential challenges and clashes;
- Coordinating internal and external client meetings effectively ensuring rooms and conference facilities are booked, liaising with attendees and ensuring that any required catering and technical equipment is in place
- Assisting fee earners with the organisation of meetings including preparation of agendas and collating meeting papers in a timely manner
- Drafting, creating and editing documentation, in line with the DLA Piper Style Guide, templates and precedents;
- Organising and assisting with client functions, entertainment and seminars, as required;
- Arranging complex travel bookings, including visas, flights, taxis, accommodation and rental cars, etc.
- Completing financial reports where required, from internal systems highlighting outstanding monies to be billed and updating particular client financial schedules where necessary;
- Extensive relevant experience as a Senior Secretary
- Strong people skills
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Applies knowledge and judgement to solve problems and make decisions
- Strong skills in teamwork and cooperation
- Building constructive relationships within and collaborating across business services functions
- Experience of delegating to, and mentoring of junior team members
- Dynamic, friendly, personable and approachable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible approach to working practices in order to meet business needs
- Confident and professional
- Conscientious and diligent
- Remains calm under pressure
- Uses initiative – self-starter
- Going beyond what is necessarily called for, anticipating and preparing for a specific opportunity or problem that is not obvious to others
- Willing to accept responsibility, being honest and adaptable and crediting others for their accomplishments
- Uses and expands technical knowledge and shares expertise with team
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.