MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides the primary source of line manager advice and guidance on HR related policies and practices
- Provides coaching to line managers to encourage effective communication & objective problem resolution
- Partners with line managers to manage employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy, drives resolution in line with legislation and internal policies
- Keeps HR Business Partners updated with case work activity within their practice groups / offices, highlighting risks and issues
- Proactively identifies themes / trends arising from the HR inbox, casework and operational activities, completes root cause analysis and develops solutions
- Supports HR Business Partners in the delivery of people projects and HR calendar activities
- Continuously monitors and reviews HR policies and processes and proposes changes where necessary, working with specialist areas and GSC
- Support the HR Business Partners and Senior Advisors with HR administration, including but not limited to completion of process initiation forms, letter creation, supporting with ad hoc report generation and preparation
- Manage the HR SNOW tasks and cases and allocating to the advisory team, as appropriate
- HR inbox for the UK, responding to routine queries and triaging enquiries to the appropriate or relevant team
- Basic level of understanding and experience in Human Resources Management across all core areas of HR – recruitment, reward, performance management, learning & development, talent management
- Good working knowledge of UK employment law, procedures and processes and proven experience in managing cases through to conclusion, balancing the needs of the business and the individual
- Good stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Pro-active with the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, taking ownership of tasks with a solution focused approach
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Professional qualification (CIPD or equivalent) is desirable
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.