We are recruiting a Finance Service Desk Analyst to join our Finance Service Desk team in our Leeds office.
The Finance Service Desk is the first line of support within the finance department to the firm’s partners, lawyers, and legal administration teams providing a single point of contact to assist with resolving queries, managing escalations and fixing finance issues.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing first-line support to our internal stakeholders/external suppliers
- Managing and maintaining tickets across various workstreams, taking ownership of issues, providing regular, clear communication to end users, identifying appropriate solutions, and ensuring all tickets are progressed or resolved within agreed SLAs
- Working with other finance teams, business services teams (including IT and HR teams) and our shared service teams to ensure they manage assigned tickets in line with finance policies and within agreed service levels
- Ability to provide feedback, and contribute to, continuous improvement within the team
- Contribute to the reports/metrics prepared by the team
- Assisting with creating and maintaining process documentation and reports as required
- Contributing to a customer and team work oriented atmosphere in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Assisting with other daily tasks assigned by the Finance Service Desk Team Leader / Finance Service Desk Manager
- Working with colleagues within the Finance department and other support areas to look to solve common issues and share best practice
- Ability to perform in line with agreed procedures, SLAs and customer expectations
The Finance Service Desk Analyst must have strong organisational and communication skills. The individual appointed must also be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, team colleagues and with other DLA Piper teams.
The role holder should ideally have experience in the legal or professional services industries and have a good understanding of end-to-end finance processes.
- Numerate and ability to understand and interpret complex situations
- Stakeholder management
- Experience using ticketing platforms ideally ServiceNow
- Ability to monitor and respond quickly and effectively to incidents and requests received through the Finance Service Desk via different channels (Portal, Email, Telephone, Chat Function)
- Ability to ensure that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all customers
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work on your own, as part of a team, and under pressure
- Good time management and ability to prioritise
- Initiative to diagnose problems
- Professional working attitude
Preferred (but not essential):
- A good level of understanding of basic finance processes, including service to cash, purchase to pay and financial management activities or the desire to learn and develop this understanding
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.