We are recruiting a Assistant Project Accountant to join our Finance team based in our Sheffield office which supports DLA Piper’s operations and local finance teams in more than 30 different countries across Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and Middle East.
This is an important role within the firm’s Accounting and Control team with the objective of improving the controls and compliance environment across all finance teams internationally.
The DLA Piper Group transitioned to a new finance system in January 2023. The assistant project accountant will support the post go live project to reconcile financial balances, cleanse financial data, improve processes and controls as well as other ad-hoc investigatory projects as they arise.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the project accountant with reconciling group (IFRS) and local (local GAAP) reporting packages for each entity (over 50 entities in 30 countries). This involves analysing the differences identified and working with the local finance teams to either justify or correct the differences.
- Monitor statutory compliance across international offices, highlighting any concerns
- Assist the local finance teams with their year end submissions
- Support the external audit process and liaise with auditors as needed
- Involvement in ad hoc projects, to support both Group finance and local finance teams
- Stay up-to-date with changes in accounting standards and industry regulations
- Part Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA or equivalent)
- IFRS and UK GAAP technical accounting knowledge and experience
- Advanced knowledge of excel
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with all levels within the organisation
- Great organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
Finance is a highly valued, professional team who act in the Firm’s best interests, successfully managing international finance, compliance, and tax obligations. We are globally consistent and accessible, mindful of local requirements and support our partners, legal and business services professional to meet our clients’ needs.
The group finance team for DLA Piper International is located predominantly in Sheffield, with local finance managers also located across each office in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia. The accounting, control and compliance team is one of five key central teams. The others being, Partner accounting and Taxation, Commercial Finance, Finance Service Delivery and Finance Systems.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.