We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Associate/Legal Director to join our growing team in London.
This is your opportunity to join our Projects, Energy and Infrastructure team, which has a track record of successfully delivering first-rate legal services in all segments of the infrastructure (transport, social infrastructure and infra tech) and energy (power/renewables, natural resources and mining) industries.
You will work with our global team to drive change, open new opportunities and accelerate growth for both our clients and our people.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The group represents sponsors, multilateral institutions, developers, equity investors, financial institutions, institutional investors, governments, contractors, utilities and regulatory bodies in the procurement, development, financing, acquisition, construction and operation of a wide range of complex infrastructure and energy projects across the EMEA region and Central Asia.
Candidates will have a broad diet of work, that will include, but not be limited to, advising private and public sector clients, funders and consortia on the financing of projects across all sectors. As well as advising on the structuring, drafting and negotiation of financing documents for projects up to financial close, our work frequently sees us providing advice and support to our clients post-close, during the construction and operational phases.
We do not set upper or lower limits of PQE for any of our vacancies. We have however given an indicative PQE as an approximate guide for applicants. Candidates who have between 6 and 10 years PQE are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to undertake this role. The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified Solicitor, ideally qualified in England & Wales or a Commonwealth jurisdiction
- Have previous experience leading and project managing a number of high profile project financing transactions independently
- Experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of finance documents, including common terms agreements and intercreditor arrangements, with limited supervision, up to financial close
- Experience with development financial institutions and export credit agencies would be beneficial
- Have proven experience of assisting in complex multi-jurisdictional matters
- Be able to display excellent technical legal drafting skills
- Be able to manage and help develop more junior members of the team
- Recognise and seize opportunities for the firm, including repeat business
- Build and develop own network of internal and external contacts
- Be commercially astute and stays current on key legal and business news
- Have excellent skills in communication, client relations, and team-working
- Be aware of business development initiatives in the department and identifies ways to contribute
- Maintain a controlled, objective and flexible approach under pressure; and
- Be proactive and innovative
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.