Our Platform, Your Opportunity
In times, when the world has faced some great challenges, we’ve shown our values are not only phrases but the true ethos of who we are. We’ve shown that being supportive, collaborative, exceptional and most of all bold had given us the opportunity to become stronger, continue evolving and invest in change. DLA Piper is a global law firm on its transitional journey, both locally and internationally.
If you are an experienced finance professional this is the right moment for you to join us as we are recruiting a Finance Business Partner to support the team whilst we transform our business. You will ideally be a qualified accountant with a high degree of commercial acumen, and excellent problem-solving skills. You’ll be key financial interface between the international practice group management and the Finance department.
Join us on the journey, apply!
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serving as the key financial interface between the international practice group management and the Finance department
- Proactively working with International Practice Group Heads, their leadership teams and partners to provide financial expertise and support, e.g. effective and regular presentations at partner meetings, identifying and leading initiatives to improve financial performance relating to profitability, working capital and financial efficiency
- Working with colleagues across the Finance function in leading the delivery of the finance curriculum agenda for the lawyers, including mentoring and training to newly promoted partners / laterals / promotion candidates / new firm joiners and presenting at firmwide learning academies for fee earners at all levels from trainee through to partner.
- Manage the annual planning and budgeting process for the practice group and support the delivery and maintenance of group led strategic plans
- Manage the budgeting process for the service areas to challenge expenditure plans and successfully present their cost budget
- Enabling the practice group to achieve its objectives, make decisions and plan appropriately through the effective understanding and use of financial analysis
- Interpretation of monthly finance MI into insightful commentary, analysis, and articulation of required management actions
- Monitoring performance against long-term strategic and short-term operational plans and assisting the partners formulate the necessary actions to be taken to achieve agreed financial targets
- ACCA / ACA / CIMA qualified with proven PQE experience.
- Finance Business Partnering experience with senior stakeholders (ideally within a professional services business, but would consider similar experience in other sectors)
- A high degree of commercial acumen with exceptional analysis and financial modelling skills and evidence of applied strategic thinking/planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication and has strength of personality to ensure the Finance view is clearly communicated.
- Capable and confident in presenting to large audiences face to face or via technology
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.