We are looking for a Revenue Controller to join our team in London.
CMS is a Future Facing firm with more than 70 offices in over 40 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide. We combine deep local market understanding with a global perspective. We are passionate about building strong relationships with our clients, our people, and the communities we work in.
We take a bold, dynamic, and agile approach to ensure our clients are able to face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of working. Our aim is to inspire, impact and support our clients and our people, helping them to maximize their potential and thrive.
About the Role
The Revenue Controller will sit within our Working Capital Team, within the Finance and Accounting Department at CMS.
The Revenue Controller will quickly build relationships with internal stakeholders to help drive performance and deliver results, whilst offering first class support to Partners.
This is a hands-on role, covering an ever-expanding range of responsibilities, including:
- Attending monthly revenue meetings with Partners and Associates to cover all aspects of WIP, debt, disbursements, client monies, time management and billing
- Providing Partners with client fee breakdowns, using ARCS 3 to accurately report matter progress
- Handling and resolving billing queries to ensure matters are billed promptly
- Assisting with Credit Control activities including follow ups with Partners on outstanding invoices, contacting clients, reviewing provisioned invoices, playing an active role in ensuring the team is hitting its cash target
- Dealing with various AP related queries
- Assisting the Team Leader with partner and client reports using Elite/BI/Qlikview
- Maintaining professional regulatory standards and knowledge, e.g., UK VAT requirements & Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Assisting in the FRS5 process as required
- Tracking volume discounts and rebates where necessary
- Setting up and monitoring secondments and advising Partners of the process
The way in which we do business is ever changing. We are looking for individuals who are adaptable, proactive, and able to quickly build professional relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
The right candidate will have:
- Previous experience working in a law firm as a Revenue Controller (c.2-3 years)
- Experience in the production of client and partner reporting
- A high standard of computer literacy (knowledge of 3E systems would be advantageous)
- Excellent communication skills, professional integrity, and personal resilience
- Commercial acumen
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Influence and inspire others
- Quickly assimilate a large amount of information in a short space of time
- Work in a fast-paced environment at a rapidly evolving organisation
- Manage relationships with tact and diplomacy
- Work effectively as part of a team
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.