White & Case is an elite global law firm serving leading companies, financial institutions and governments worldwide. Our long history as an international firm means we are perfectly placed to help our clients resolve their most complex legal challenges wherever they may be.
With lawyers operating from more than 40 locations, working in virtually every country of the world, we have invested heavily in building a high-quality full-service practice competing at the top of the market. We are distinguished by our on-the-ground presence in the world’s key financial markets and our strengths in handling complex cross-border work.
It’s not just about our global network of offices; it’s the global interconnectedness of the Firm that our people, and our clients, value most. We work well together across geographic and practice boundaries. It’s one of the reasons we attract and retain cross-border work. And why we attract a diverse group of people.
Our lawyers are globally minded, enterprising, collaborative and committed to excellence. Diversity is a core value of our Firm and it has been recognized with numerous awards and top rankings around the world. Our people represent 110 nationalities and speak 87 languages.
The Senior HR Operations Manager (Resource Management) will support the continued global operationalization and the implementation of Associate Allocation & Development processes and tools. This role will support the regional Senior Managers to create a global “community of expertise”, facilitate the global working group, implement and collate reporting, and manage the implementation of a tool to support Allocation and Development professionals and Staffing Partners.
The ideal candidate will have experience in global law firms or professional services and with tools and teams that support identifying capacity and skills, and assisting with effective and equitable allocation of resources.
The Global HR Operations teams consists of a team of dedicated professionals located around the world. The vision for the team is to deliver leading HR processes that support the delivery of the employee value proposition and business strategy, enabled by leading HR systems and tools. We support the HR Centres of Expertise in operationalizing relevant processes and lead the design and implementation of both new HR processes and systems, as well as significant improvement projects.
We are proud of our high-performance work ethic, as well as the central role that we play in fostering an inclusive and collaborative culture. Through extensive contact with business services teams in all locations and functions you will be seen as a trusted advisor to offer advice and implement changes that help our teams perform at the highest level and deliver outstanding client service. Working with us will enable you to become a great professional, and to develop a uniquely broad range of experience to draw on throughout your career.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
As Senior HR Operations Manager (Resource Management) you will work in close partnership with regional Work Allocation Senior Managers, HR Directors and senior stakeholders in the global working group. The working group is charged with realizing global processes and tools for effective and equitable allocation of resources on legal matters. You will also coordinate the with the Talent Centre of Expertise to align the future design for Talent with the Allocation & Development principles and tools.
- Build trust with stakeholders leading the scoping, planning, delivery, tracking and reporting against agreed milestones, in partnership with the regional Work Allocation Senior Managers.
- Develop subject matter expertise on Talent and Allocation & Development concepts, processes, and data, and share information with stakeholders that is easy to understand and supports decision making.
- Develop direction and implementation plans that align with the working group’s objectives. Determine requirements and functional design with the working group, business stakeholders, solution architects, designers and developers to ensure business needs are accurately captured, understood and delivered.
- Manage the impact of local/jurisdictional requirements on processes and solutions, balancing global consistency with local relevance in partnership with HR Compliance and Data Privacy.
- Identify risks and track mitigating actions to ensure success, escalating as appropriate; this includes those related to shared resources and usage, and data privacy.
- Work collaboratively with the HRIS team to drive resolution of critical systems issues, escalating to IT for expedited resolution as required.
- Coordinate end-to-end global testing efforts (test script preparation, tester recruitment, vendor partnership, scheduling and sign-off oversight).
- Deliver timely communications crafted skillfully for different audiences across multiple channels that are aligned with People Function strategy and the overall direction of the Firm.
Required Experience and Attributes
- 5 - 7 years of relevant project management experience.
- Experience working in a mid/large scale organization with global reach.
- Experienced project manager with substantial knowledge of project management techniques and tools. A project management qualification (either CAPM, Prince2, APMQ or PMP) required.
- Proven ability to understand project dependencies across multiple locations with different office, jurisdictional, legal and/or technology setups.
- Knowledge of HR functions, processes and best practices, and experience working on operations projects.
- Experience working both independently and building a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Flexibility with an ability to adapt and handle multiple large and/or global projects with limited direction.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work quickly and efficiently, prioritizing a varied workload with multiple stakeholders and shifting demands.
- Strong problem-solving skills, process-driven mindset, resourcefulness, and ability to meet responsibilities with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and ability to manage expectations by understanding stakeholder needs, determining alternatives to meet requirements and communicating appropriately.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences, at all levels.
- Accountable team player with a constructive attitude, problem-solving and customer success mindset able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with a geographically dispersed team.
- High degree of confidentiality needed.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate will be an experienced project manager who has a proven track record in driving the Employee Experience through a focus on the delivery of solutions and processes.
Key attributes will include:
- You actively explore new ideas and push boundaries, not accepting the way things have always been done at face value.
- You are keenly aware of local nuances, sensitivities and needs to foster collaboration and to deliver effective solutions.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and prioritize relationships with colleagues to ensure successful deployment of solutions and processes throughout the business.
- You are passionate, challenge yourself constantly to improve and share your knowledge to empower others.
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
Preferred attributes will include:
- Experience with work allocation and resource management in a global legal firm.
- Experience implementing software solutions: including requirements gathering, documentation, training, and testing.
Location and Reporting
- This is a role based in London.
- Our standard office hours are 09:30-18:00, with a current requirement for 3 days in the office per week.
- This role reports to the Associate Director, HR Operations.