Are you keen to find an exciting new role where you will be part of a fast-moving, dynamic, forward-thinking team? If so, come and join us on the journey.
Why Michelmores? Michelmores is the destination law firm for the ambitious, the imaginative and the distinctive. We help enterprises and individuals navigate change to find a positive future.
We are a flexible, friendly and inclusive organisation with as clear a focus on fresh thinking as we have on growth and success. We value and nurture our people’s potential and inspiration and give them a creative, open and collaborative environment in which to develop a career and succeed.
As a firm we strive to be more understanding, more ﬂexible and less prescriptive about how we enable our people to succeed in their roles. Central to our culture is our nurturing, friendly and flexible environment which genuinely allows our people to grow and flourish.
We’re always thinking about how we can improve what we do, moving forward, together. From day one we encourage people to believe that there’s no such thing as a bad idea and creativity and innovation is highly prized throughout the Firm.
What sort of work? Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for a Conveyancing Assistant to join our highly experienced Residential Property team in our Exeter or Sidmouth offices.
In this role, you will support the team in residential transactions and delivering a first-class service to our clients.
This will include:
- Drafting of contracts, initial letters, protocol forms, completion statements.
- Submitting property searches/Land Registry searches.
- Drafting and submitting Land Registry applications via the Land Registry Portal.
- Complying with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements.
- Managing post exchange and completion formalities
- Managing files diligently and review each regularly.
- Understanding the obligations relating to client accounts and ensure that the preparation and service of bills complies with Solicitors Accounts Rules.
Why this team? Our residential conveyancing team has particular experience with buying and selling high-end residential properties, large country estates and properties with more complex purchase considerations, both in London and the South West. The team is renowned for offering the very best client service, with many clients returning to the team for subsequent property purchases.
Our residential conveyancing team set themselves apart by offering a personal approach to help clients at every stage of the conveyancing process. The team are always on hand to give our clients practical advice and aim to ensure that the process is as stress free as possible; we put our clients needs at the heart of what we do.
How do we work? We take a flexible, agile approach to working patterns. As a team we agree together on the best working arrangements that will enable each of us to provide exceptional client service, to collaborate and connect with colleagues, and to achieve the right home/work balance. Most people in the team choose to work 2-3 days a week in the office, with the balance of time spent working from home. We pride ourselves on our high-performance culture whilst offering a good work/life balance.
As a Firm we are committed to supporting our people across all levels to achieve the balance they need. We are open to talk flexible working and to empower any candidate to put forward a flexible working pattern to meet their needs.
Who are we looking for? We are looking for somebody who will understand our values and thrive in our culture.
The role is based in our Exeter or Sidmouth offices and the ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in residential property work.
- Experience of working in a client facing role.
- Demonstrable experience of consistently delivering exceptional customer service standards.
- Excellent organisational skills and experience of multi-tasking and an ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines in a flexible and proactive way
- Excellent interpersonal skills; effective communicator at all levels (written and verbal) as the successful candidate will be liaising with clients.
Other skills required include:
- A commercial, pro-active 'can do' and professional approach to work.
- Excelled attention to detail.
- Must interact well with others in a sensitive and effective way - a team player.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and use of discretion.
- Must be flexible, successfully adapting to changing demands and conditions.
This is a great opportunity to join a Firm which believes potential, inspiration, and teamwork should be valued and nurtured.
We work hard to create and sustain an open and collaborative environment. We embrace change and constantly evolve to meet our people’s diverse needs, in the same way that we help our clients to navigate and stay ahead of developments, to move forward together.
Next Steps To apply please click below or if you would like to talk to someone about the role, please call Rebecca Pike, Recruitment Specialist, on 07719523119.
Michelmores LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We do not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, marital status, age, religion, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation in the selection, recruitment and treatment of our staff.
View our Inclusion and Belonging pages for more information.
*No agencies please – any agency assistance will be via invitation only. Please note any speculative candidates submitted via agencies without invitation will not be considered as represented by that agent.