Are you keen to find an exciting new role where you will be part of a dynamic, forward-thinking, agile team? If so, come and join us on the journey.
Why Michelmores? Michelmores is the destination law firm for the ambitious, the imaginative and the distinctive. We help enterprises and individuals navigate change to find a positive future.
We are a flexible, friendly and inclusive organisation with as clear a focus on fresh thinking as we have on growth and success. We value and nurture our people’s potential and inspiration and give them a creative, open and collaborative environment in which to develop a career and succeed.
As our clients’ needs change and evolve, so do we. Our business services teams are continuously looking for ways to innovate and attract and retain the best clients and the brightest people. Central to our culture is our nurturing, friendly and flexible environment which genuinely allows our people to grow and flourish, both professionally and personally. We really care about what we stand for and want to move forward together.
What sort of work? We have an exciting opportunity for an Admin Assistant to join our ambitious Business Services Team on a 9-month fixed-term basis in our Exeter office.
In this role you will provide efficient and effective administrative support as part of the Firm's central Admin team.
This will include:
- Maintaining client records and updating new client enquiries for follow-up.
- Photocopying, scanning, printing of documents.
- Assisting with the preparation of client correspondence for postage.
- Assisting other team members with maintaining essential records.
- Assisting with the preparation of bundles, transaction/completion and other documents as required.
- Assisting with daily cashiers runs.
- Maintaining and order stationery supplies
Why this team? Covering legal document production, facilities, reception, catering, post, archiving and office support, our Operational Services team keeps our offices running. The team plays a key role in delivering a first-class service to our clients when they visit our offices, maintains our shared working spaces and supports the lawyers in completing their day-to-day activities.
How do we work? We take a flexible, agile approach to working patterns. As a team we agree together on the best working arrangements that will enable each of us to provide exceptional client service, to collaborate and connect with colleagues, and to achieve the right home/work balance.
Who are we looking for? We are looking for somebody who will understand our values and thrive in our culture.
The role will be based in our Exeter office on a 9-month fixed term basis and the ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in an administrative role and working in an office environment role.
- Grade C or above in Maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent).
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Experience of working under GDPR Regulatory compliance and file maintenance procedures is desirable.
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc) and using data management systems.
Other skills required include:
- Effective communicator at all levels (both written and verbal).
- Ability to work within a team and to communicate effectively with all levels across the firm.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to work under pressure.
- Effective problem-solving skills, demonstrate initiative and be an innovative thinker.
This is a great opportunity to join a Firm which believes potential, inspiration, and teamwork should be valued and nurtured.
We work hard to create and sustain an open and collaborative environment. We embrace change and constantly evolve to meet our people’s diverse needs, in the same way that we help our clients to navigate and stay ahead of developments, to move forward together.
To apply please click below or if you would like to talk to someone about the role, please call Rebecca Pike in our Recruitment Team on 07719 523119.
Michelmores LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We do not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, marital status, age, religion, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation in the selection, recruitment and treatment of our staff.
View our Inclusion and Belonging pages for more information.
*No agencies please – any agency assistance will be via invitation only. Please note any speculative candidates submitted via agencies without invitation will not be considered as represented by that agent.