Are you an experienced HR Business Partner, who is keen to play an integral role in the HR Team and your aligned business Group, driving forward positive change for individuals, the business and our clients in an ever-changing world? If so, then we would like you to come and join our dynamic, forward-thinking, agile team.
Michelmores is the destination law firm for the ambitious, the imaginative and the distinctive. We help enterprises and individuals navigate change to find a positive future. We are a flexible, friendly and inclusive organisation with as clear a focus on fresh thinking as we have on growth and success. We value and nurture our people’s potential and inspiration and give them a creative, open and collaborative environment in which to develop a career and succeed.
As our clients’ needs change and evolve, so do we. Our business services teams are continuously looking for ways to innovate and attract and retain the best clients and the brightest people. Central to our culture is our nurturing, friendly and flexible environment which genuinely allows our people to grow and flourish, both professionally and personally. We really care about what we stand for and want to move forward together.
Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for an HR Business Partner to join our HR team in our Exeter or Bristol offices. In this role, you will provide support to the Firm in the development and delivery of a high-quality HR service to the business.
This will include:
- Being the key HR interface for your core client groups across each of the offices.
- Providing proactive HR support, guidance and advice to your core client group/s, working with other stakeholders where relevant, on a wide range of HR issues that include employee relations, talent acquisition and management, reward, performance, engagement, wellbeing and diversity and inclusion.
- Preparing updates / reports for relevant meetings, e.g. Board, Partner/Director meetings.
- Leading on strategic and operational HR projects as required.
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members.
The HR team is driven to make sure we create the right environment to allow our greatest asset – our people – to thrive.
Our people strategy is designed to empower our talented people to flourish and become the best versions of themselves in a truly inclusive environment. Where people are treated as individuals, have a sense of community and belonging, high levels of trust and a passion for delivering our strategy and living our values, which in turn, leads to exceptional client service and a sustainable, profitable business.
The HR team works in partnership with the key stakeholders in each team and group, building trusted relationships and advising on the full span of people matters. They support managers to make commercial decisions that also recognise and value the individual.
The team comprises professionals in generalist HR, recruitment, early careers and learning and talent development. They are the first people new recruits interact with and play a role in the whole life journey of a Michelmores employee. We are constantly looking to improve the employee experience and create and keep a culture where people feel supported to become the very best versions of themselves.
We take a flexible, agile approach to working patterns. As a team we agree together on the best working arrangements that will enable each of us to provide exceptional client service, to collaborate and connect with colleagues. Our people in the HR team often choose to split their time spent in the office with time working from home, flexing their time in the office up or down according to our business and team's needs. The role will also involve regular travel across our offices as we operate a One Firm approach to supporting the designated Group.
As a Firm we are committed to supporting our people across all levels to achieve the balance they need. We are open to talk flexible working and to empower any candidate to put forward a flexible working pattern to meet their needs. In deed 9 of our team work on a flexible working pattern.
Michelmores, we’ve always believed that potential, inspiration, and teamwork should be valued and nurtured. We take a Commercial, Creative and Collaborative approach to how we work together with our colleagues and clients.
We work hard to create and sustain an open and collaborative environment. We embrace change and constantly evolve to meet our people’s diverse needs, in the same way that we help our clients to navigate and stay ahead of developments to move forward together.
As a Firm we are committed to supporting our people across all levels to achieve the balance they need. We are open to talk flexible working and to empower any candidate to put forward a flexible working pattern to meet their needs.
We are looking for somebody who will understand our values and thrive in our culture.
The role is based in our Exeter or Bristol offices and the ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience working in a professional services environment.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent, with at least 7 years relevant experience.
- Graduate or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of employment legislation and its application.
- Experience in problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Confident in data analytics, using data to spot trends and reporting to the Management Group and Board on a regular basis.
- Excellent organisational skills, demonstrate examples of multi-tasking and an ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Excellent IT Skills (Microsoft Office 2010, specifically Word, Outlook) with a specialist knowledge of Excel
Other skills required include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; effective communicator at all levels (written and verbal).
- A commercial, pro-active 'can do' and professional approach to work.
- Must interact well with others in a sensitive and effective way, with a willingness to help others - a team player.
- Self-motivated, committed to working towards goals with strong enthusiasm and client service.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and use of discretion.
- Possess the ability to cope well under pressure.
- Flexible, successfully adapting to changing demands and priorities.
- Desirable self-confidence, initiative, and an innovative thinker.
If you are an experienced HR BP looking to join a firm that knows who it is and where it wants to go, we would love to have a conversation with you.
If you want the chance to shape your own role as part of Michelmores' exciting growth plans, have more autonomy that you've been accustomed to and like the sound of working with brilliant people who want to help you succeed, we want to hear from you.
To apply please click here or if you would like to talk to someone about the role, please call Rebecca Pike, Recruitment Specialist, on 07719 523119.
Michelmores LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We do not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, marital status, age, religion, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation in the selection, recruitment and treatment of our staff.
View our Inclusion and Belonging pages for more information.
*No agencies please – any agency assistance will be via invitation only. Please note any speculative candidates submitted via agencies without invitation will not be considered as represented by that agent.