Are you keen to find an exciting new role where you will be part of a dynamic, forward-thinking, agile team? If so, come and join us on the journey.
Why Michelmores? Michelmores is the destination law firm for the ambitious, the imaginative and the distinctive. We help enterprises and individuals navigate change to find a positive future.
We are a flexible, friendly and inclusive organisation with as clear a focus on fresh thinking as we have on growth and success. We value and nurture our people’s potential and inspiration and give them a creative, open and collaborative environment in which to develop a career and succeed.
As our clients’ needs change and evolve, so do we. Our business services teams are continuously looking for ways to innovate and attract and retain the best clients and the brightest people. Central to our culture is our nurturing, friendly and flexible environment which genuinely allows our people to grow and flourish, both professionally and personally. We really care about what we stand for and want to move forward together.
What sort of work? Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for an AML Analyst to join our Governance & Risk team.
This will involve:
- Assisting the Business Intake Manager and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) in carrying out identity verification (KYC/CDD), AML, Conflict, PEPs and Sanctions checks for new and existing clients and third parties
- Liaising with key stakeholders where necessary and identifying and escalating higher risk clients and matters to the Governance & Risk legal team and/or the MLRO/deputy MLRO where appropriate
- Ensuring that the Firm's due diligence on its clients meets compliance requirements and is properly recorded.
Why this team? Our team of risk professionals play a big role in ensuring we deliver on our mission to create a positive future for our clients, people and communities with integrity and foresight. The team work with the business to ensure that it maintains the highest standards of professional conduct, effectively mitigates risk and is compliant with all legal and regulatory requirements.
The team's focus is on providing timely, pragmatic and solution-orientated risk advice and guidance and ensuring regulatory compliance and protection of the Firm's interests.
Governance & Risk's remit is made up, broadly, of the following areas:
- General Regulatory Compliance;
- Anti Money Laundering
- Business Intake / Matter Inception
- Conflicts of Interest
- Professional Conduct & Ethics
- SRA Accounts Rules
- Data Protection and DSARs
- Procurement, Tenders and Commercial Agreements
- Claims, Complaints and Professional Indemnity
- Policies, Controls and Procedures
How do we work? We take a flexible, agile approach to working patterns. As a Firm we are committed to supporting our people across all levels to achieve the balance they need. We are open to talk flexible working and to empower any candidate to put forward a flexible working pattern to meet their needs. We pride ourselves on our high-performance culture whilst offering a good work/life balance.
As a Firm we are committed to supporting our people across all levels to achieve the balance they need. We are open to talk flexible working and to empower any candidate to put forward a flexible working pattern to meet their needs.
Who are we looking for? We are looking for somebody who will understand our values and thrive in our culture.
- At least 2 years' experience in KYC/AML within a law firm desirable
- Experience of AML and legal conflicts management
- Experience of using Intapp Intake and Conflicts system desirable
- Experience of analysing complex corporate and trust structures and source of wealth/funds
- Able to prioritise tasks effectively and cope with demanding situations and deadlines
- Effective in collaborating with lawyers and support staff, building trust and positive relationships across the Firm.
- Excellent IT skills and open to learning new systems, software and technology.
This is a great opportunity to join a Firm which believes potential, inspiration, and teamwork should be valued and nurtured.
We work hard to create and sustain an open and collaborative environment. We embrace change and constantly evolve to meet our people’s diverse needs, in the same way that we help our clients to navigate and stay ahead of developments, to move forward together.
Next Steps To apply please click here or if you would like to talk to someone about the role, please call Rebecca Pike, Recruitment Specialist, on 07719 523119.
Michelmores LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We do not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, marital status, age, religion, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation in the selection, recruitment and treatment of our staff.
View our Inclusion and Belonging pages for more information.
*No agencies please – any agency assistance will be via invitation only. Please note any speculative candidates submitted via agencies without invitation will not be considered as represented by that agent.