This is an exciting opportunity to join our Finance team.
The Legal Cashier will report to the Head Cashier and will be supporting on a day to day basis with aspects of both Client and Office Account functions, supporting the business with all cashiering tasks.
The primary purpose of this role will be designated to supporting both the Client Account and Office Account functions and will be an integral member of the Accounts department cashiering team and cross cover will be required and expected on an ad hoc basis, covering absences within the team or busy periods.
The cashiering team is often busy and receive a wide range of requests, so the candidate will therefore work on a variety of different tasks on a daily basis.
- Processing Client to Office Bill Payments.
- Processing Client to Client Journals.
- Processing Supplier CSV and Invoice loads.
- Chasing internal allocation of rechargeable disbursements.
- Releasing online Payments. (Barclays, RBS & Lloyds)
- Supplier Refunds and Office Credit Process.
- Bill Payment Reversals.
- Dealing with queries from fee earners and support staff.
- Liaising with the bank.
- Filing and archiving.
- Monitoring Online Banking facilities for receipts and payments.
- Raising Client Account Cheque Payments.
- Processing Client Account Cheque Receipts.
- Processing Bank to Bank Transfers and Journals.
- Operation of Designated Deposits.
- Cover the Process of CHAPS Payments through online banking (Barclays, RBS and Lloyds Bank).
- Reconciling Bank Statements with Elite Cashbook entries.
- Raising Office Account Cheque Payments.
- Processing Office Account Cheque Receipts.
- Entering Supplier Invoices into Elite & reconciling supplier statements.
- Entering Counsel Fee Notes, Experts and Agents into Elite & reconciling statements.
- Processing Weekly Purchase Ledger BACS Payment Runs.
- Nominal journals.
You will ideally be able to demonstrate;
- Experience working on either Client & or Office Account within a law firm.
- Knowledge of either Elite Enterprise or Elite 3E.
- Ability to pay careful attention to detail.
- Knowledge of SARs.
- Knowledge of VAT regulations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Awareness on Money Laundering regulations that impact on this area of work.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines.
- Willing to take on additional responsibilities, with training.
- A positive, committed and ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Confident and clear communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Being a good team player with the ability to be flexible and willing to help others when necessary.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
With almost 200 lawyers in one location, we ensure our clients have the right team to help them get from where they are to where they want to be. We advise major corporates and institutions as well as entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises which are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. As well as our significant business law capability, we are one of only a few London-based law firms with a large private wealth offering. Our clients find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.
Whether you are an ambitious and talented individual wanting to hit the ground running from day one, or an established professional looking for a new opportunity, Howard Kennedy is the firm where you can really make it happen.
We have earned a strong reputation for our exceptional and uniquely talented people who between them deliver outstanding results for clients. In a firm of our size, our strong team dynamic creates a thriving culture of creativity and entrepreneurialism. Howard Kennedy is a pragmatic and non-hierarchical environment where success is shared, and you are proactively encouraged to thrive at your own pace.
Our distinctive culture is built on fairness and respect. Guided by the firm’s values of talk straight, think smart and be yourself, everyone in the firm holds equal value, and everyone plays their role in supporting, encouraging and inspiring colleagues to do their best work.
At the same time, we recognise and reward individualism, celebrating the diversity of our people and supporting them to grow their practice and drive their own career advancement.
As well as client work, there is opportunity to broaden your horizons at the firm with fulfilling pro bono and charity projects. We have a regular social calendar full of wellbeing activities, charitable and social events too.