An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Finance Manager with the Commercial Finance function. This is a band new role which will be dedicated to the key stakeholders of the firm's largest global client. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to further their career in a professional services finance function and will expose the successful candidate to varied and non-traditional finance tasks.
CMS is a Future Facing firm with more than 70 offices in over 40 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide. We combine deep local market understanding with a global perspective. We are passionate about building strong relationships with our clients, our people, and the communities we work in.
We take a bold, dynamic, and agile approach to ensure our clients are able to face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of working. Our aim is to inspire, impact and support our clients and our people, helping them to maximize their potential and thrive.
About the Role
Commercial Finance work very closely with the Finance Business Partnering team, and is part of the wider Group Finance and Accounting function alongside Financial Control, Finance Operations and Tax. Outside of finance, the team works very closely with colleagues in our Strategic Pitch, Client Management and Legal Operations and Project Management Teams to ensure our client work is priced correctly, delivered profitably, and managed efficiently.
This role will sit within the firm's Commercial Finance function but will work closely the Senior Client Service Delivery Manager, Client Service Executive, and Finance Operations Analyst, as a separate and dedicated client team. This is a unique role which will combine financial management, client management, stakeholder management and project management skills.
The role will report directly to the Head of Commercial Finance with a dotted line in to the Client Relationship Partners.
The Commercial Finance team has grown steadily since its inception nearly seven years ago and now consists of the Head of Commercial Finance, two senior managers, five managers (six with this new hire), and two Commercial Finance Analysts.
This is a fantastic new opportunity for an ambitious individual who wishes to be part of a progressive, customer-centric and strategic thinking team that has buy-in and backing from the very top of the organisation. Working closely with the business's management and partnership to provide financial expertise, support and challenge where needed.
The client dedicated Commercial Finance Manager will be accountable for the general oversight and smooth running of all strategic and operational financial elements of this client's global annual retainer structure. Acting in a business partnering capacity with the Client Relationship Partners, key budget holders, the client service delivery team, and other key stakeholders. They will be responsible for the dotted line management of, and development of the dedicated Finance Operations Analyst.
* They will have complete day to day working knowledge of all key budget areas facilitated through regular contact with key budget holders, ensuring budgets are monitored and advance action is taken where necessary to correct variances.
* Providing key performance and forecast information on the account throughout the year to the key stakeholders.
* Managing and overseeing annual retainer negotiation processes, analysis, and strategy.
* With a continuous improvement mindset working with the operational analyst, service transformation teams, systems and reporting teams, and others in the business to find new and better ways of handling the vast data flow and stakeholder relationships.
This role requires multiple skillsets. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in all of these areas
* Commercial and financial experience preferably within a professional services environment.
* Good commercial acumen and exceptional analysis and financial modelling skills.
* Experience of handling project budgets and forecasting.
* Capable of easily translating and summarising financial information.
* Track record in project management, preferably within a professional services environment.
* Excellent stakeholder management skills. Able to build strong trusted relationships with key stakeholders.
* The ability to remain calm and focussed under pressure particularly when dealing with different stakeholder types.
* Confident, strong, concise written and verbal communication skills with a confident and concise presentation style.
* Advanced Excel and other MS office suite skills.
* A collaborative team-player who is transparent and has a straight-forward approach.
* ACCA / CIMA or similar is desirable.
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.