CMS is looking to engage with an Assistant Tax Manager to join our Finance Team to support the management of the tax affairs for the Firm across its UK and international activities.
CMS is a Future Facing firm with more than 70 offices in over 40 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide. We combine deep local market understanding with a global perspective, we are passionate about building strong relationships with the clients we support, our people and the communities we work in.
We take a bold, dynamic and agile approach to ensure our clients are able to face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent. We don't just want to face the future we want to shape it.
About the role
The role sits within the wider tax team. The firms internal tax team has expanded over the last 2 years and this new position will involve working with the two other members of the partner tax team as the firm increases the amount of work carried out internally.
* Preparing partners' tax returns
* Assisting in preparation of the LLP tax computation
* Dealing with queries from partners regarding their tax affairs on a day to day basis
* Meeting new partners and going through new partner checklist covering , tax reserves, drawings and setting up with HMRC
* Assisting in partner tax reserves and journals
* Organising tax payments to HMRC
* Tax planning for partners including relief available for pension contributions
* Maintaining partner list and ensuring Personal Tax software is up to date
* Dealing with HMRC enquiries into partners' tax affairs
The list of duties is not exhaustive and is intended to provide a general idea of the main duties of the job. As such the role may also include undertaking additional tasks as required.
What you'll need:
* Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
* Good communication skills both oral and written
* A strong team player
* A positive and proactive attitude
* Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
* ATT qualified or qualified by experience
* Minimum 5 years in personal tax
* Good working knowledge of Excel
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.