Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com
Department / Role Overview
- Billing is part of the firm's global Working Capital team based in the UK.
- The UK Billing Analyst will support completion of client billing activity.
- Complete timely billing requests and related activity within Cherwell service management tool and standard billing workflow tool. The related activity also supports practice complex billing actions, including support across billing related processes.
- A key focus will be to support end of month billing schedule of activity, to ensure the UK practice has sufficient billing support, through to end of calendar month, to clear all billing requests.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday, 9:00 - 5:30, however you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
- Prepare draft bills, including supporting documentation (e.g. detailed time summaries, disbursement schedules) and final invoices
- Process bill cancellations and Credit Notes
- Prepare monthly bill runs for specific clients, adhering to complex client requirements
- Liaise with partners and associates in relation to unbilled/billed fee enquiries
- Time Edits, as well as Transfer and/or write off WIP as required
- Client and matter system maintenance (e.g. addresses, currency, purchase order information etc.)
- Provide advice on VAT treatment, as well as ensure VAT and Solicitor accounts rules are checked on all bills raised.
- As well as processing all UK and Luxembourg billing tasks, global support is required for other finance teams and support roles
- Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Understanding of client needs
- Ability to work under pressure, deal with tight deadlines and demonstrates flexibility as required to perform the role
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- Good eye for detail
- Ability to complete set tasks with minimal supervision
- Good communicator, the ability to communicate orally or in writing, confident telephone manner, tactful and diplomatic when under pressurised situations
- Team player - the ability to work co-operatively and flexibly with other team member
- Experience working in a law firm or partnership environment
Technical Skills and Experience
- Finance experience (preferably at a law firm)
- Knowledge of 3e or equivalent practice management system preferred
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.