Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Role / Department Overview
Ashurst Service Central (ASC) supports the firm to deliver smart and scalable business services. An experienced team of problem solvers and service professionals are designing a "one stop shop" for essential services across the employee and client lifecycles.
The aim is to create a business service engine which will support our progressive law firm. Since 2020, ASC has a team over 100 service professionals operating primarily out of Brisbane and Glasgow responsible for delivering a joined-up user experience across a number of essential services.
Within the ASC Connect Team we focus on providing our clients and stakeholders an efficient service for their day to day requests, enabling them to focus on what is important to them.
The Administrator role sits within the ASC Connect Team who are first point of contact for our clients. They are responsible for facilities helpdesk enquiries and meeting room bookings. ASC Connect team are responsible for various administration tasks for other areas to include ergonomics assessments and organisational charts for Business services.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday, 9:00 - 17:30 with flexibility required due to operating hours.
- Answering switchboard calls, dealing with external and internal queries.
- Reporting and routing facilities issues to the right team.
- Organising meeting room bookings to include catering and set up..
- Administration support for ergonomics assessments and other administrative tasks.
- Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Customer focused
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great communicator with a proactive approach
- Strong relationship building skills
- Collaborative team player.
- Basic/Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.