Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com.
As a Senior Communications Executive, you will play a pivotal role in driving the communication strategy for Ashurst's global transformation and change initiatives.
Reporting to the Communications Manager in London, this role will work autonomously, but in collaboration with the Internal Communications and Change and Business Improvement Teams, to ensure projects/initiatives are delivered seamlessly and our people have a positive experience when change is delivered. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading global firm and play an active part in transforming ways of working and driving the firm's strategy.
Working with the firm's Change and Business Improvement team you will be responsible for crafting and delivering messages that inform, engage, and inspire staff and stakeholders.
You will have specific responsibility for working with the Chief Digital Officer and Chief Technology Officer to support the delivery of change communications for the Firm's Digital Strategy, IT and Security change initiatives.
You will play a key role to support the delivery of the firm's internal comms strategy, working across the Internal Comms team to effectively deliver key firm-wide initiatives. The internal comms team are a tight-knit team who support each to deliver the best possible people engagement and communications for the firm.
The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter and display confidence and initiative to quickly build working relationships with staff and stakeholders as some projects are in delivery, and will go live in the next few months.
The role will be based in London, with flexible working included. Ashurst is a global firm so from time to time you may be required to work outside of standard office hours to facilitate project implementations around the firm's global offices, this time can be taken back through Ashurst's flexible work policy.
- Strategic Communications: Develop and execute comprehensive communication strategies that support the delivery of the Firm's global change initiatives.
- Content Creation: Create engaging content, including leadership updates, video and podcasts, storyboards, intranet pages, articles and presentations, that effectively help our people understand key changes and what they need to do.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including staff, Partners, Office Managing Partners, C-Suite and Business Services teams.
- Employee Engagement: Develop and implement internal communication plans to ensure that staff are informed and aligned with the change initiatives and that the communications are timely.
- Measurement and Reporting: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and regularly report on the success of communication efforts and benefits realisation.
- Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience
- Strong experience in communications, with a proven track record in global/change communication strategies.
- Strong writing and editing skills with an eye for detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience in change management and an understanding of project management principles is preferred.
- Experience with managing, recording and editing podcasts, preferred but not essential.
- Experience working with IT / AI / Digital teams to deliver change preferred but not essential.
- Evidence of the ability to build strong, trusted relationships with stakeholders.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Being proactive and curious.
- Ability to create and drive forward a plan of action.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with communication tools and platforms.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.