We are currently recruiting for a Solution Architect to join our London IT team to be responsible for the design, development and planning of solutions and services for consumption within the global IT environment. You will be responsible for the translation of the functional requirements into architecture and design artefacts. Post design you will assume an assurance role within the governance of project and programme delivery.
Role and responsibilities
- Defining, owning and delivering A&O’s systems architecture roadmap
- Lead for all technical matters relating to applications and the technology portfolio, providing subject matter expertise to the Cloud Architecture Forum (CCoE CAF) and Architecture Review Board (ARB)
- Responsible for the provision and maintenance of domain strategies, standards, roadmaps and architecture artefacts. All outputs are to be stored and maintained in the Enterprise Architecture repository
- Ensure all strategy, architecture, standards and roadmap outputs are understood by the relevant teams
- Assure the quality and consistency of the designed solutions against the future vision, the technology roadmap and standards
- Work with Project governance to fulfil the commercial and business requirements by implementing secure, manageable, cost-efficient solutions
- Testing, evaluating and performing technical spikes and proof of concepts
- Curating and authoring solution architecture designs, using iterative, agile, evolutionary processes
- Performing information risk assessments across solution designs
- Performing data protection impact assessments across A&O’s systems
- Defining standards, patterns and best practices across A&O’s systems
- Advising and consulting on test strategy for A&O’s systems
- Planning and organising testing efforts around significant software upgrades
- Liaising with IT Service Management and business stakeholders
- Working with outsource partners to optimise their approach and expenditure
- Championing and raising core architecture skills
- Promoting secure architecture practices in all parts of the solution architecture
- Communicating and explaining product roadmaps, and architectural principles to a broad audience
- Sharing knowledge with a collaborative mindset
- Training and guidance on architecture patterns, architecture standards and best practices
Most importantly, this position will need to create and support a culture of continual improvement and problem-solving and where necessary, being enthusiastic and creative in adopting an agile, evolutionary architecture culture
You should apply if you bring
- Recent solution architecture experience across multiple complex enterprises
- Recent experience of working with MS Azure Cloud, specifically at Enterprise Scale
- Recent experience in migrating workloads to a cloud environment
- Infrastructure as a Code experience, especially Bicep
- Hands-on experience with GIT
- Hands-on experience with agile and waterfall architecture at scale at all levels
- Recent hands-on development experience (or a recent history of deep hands-on experience)
- Recent hands-on experience in deploying and managing COTS applications
- Experience in the development of managed services
- Deep understanding of solution architecture, patterns, frameworks, and techniques
- Architecture excellence and rigour
- Proven track record of delivering measurable business benefits, from ideation to deployment
- Entrepreneurial and proactive attitude to seeing and fulfilling business opportunities
- Prominent level of personal credibility, impact, and influence with all levels of the business
- Commercial acumen including an understanding of the overall picture of how to add value to the business
- Thinking creatively when looking for solutions to business problems, able to review and access a number of options based on metrics such as cost, performance, knowledge, and viability
- Experience with agile working methods and work item tracking tools
You will stand out if you bring
- Current hands-on agile, evolutionary experience
- Experience of working with DevOps or DevSecOps teams
- Personal architecture presentations and or public code repositories
- Experience with Bicep
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with business and technical service mapping
- Architecture articles or blogs you have authored or contributed to
- Examples of your influence and transformations in the field of architecture
- Experience of working in highly-regulated sectors
- Knowledge of Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience designing and building complex integrations.
- Understanding of REST/SOAP/XML/XSLT/c#/Azure Functions
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.