We are currently recruiting for a Client Services Assistant on a permanent basis.
The aim of this department is to provide ‘best in class’ hospitality & document services to the legal practices, covering a wide range of Hospitality Services (Catering, Front of House, Housekeeping, AV and the Health & Wellbeing Centre) and Document Services (the Bridge, Reprographics, Records, Central Scanning, E-Bibles, Mailroom & Office Assistants). The purpose of this role is to manage the operational client services including Front of House and Reservation functions at Bishops Square; including the Conference Suite, Training Suite, Reception desks, Reservations London, Business Support Centre and support the contracts for the Audio Visual & Multimedia services and visitor management for Sub-tenant teams.
Allen & Overy's Front of House (FOH) team aim to consistently provide and maintain excellent standards of client care and service in all Front of House areas – 1st Floor Conference Suite, Ground Floor, Gallery & Auditorium, Business Support Centres and Client Dining rooms.
- Head of Hospitality Services
- FOH Manager
- FOH Team Leaders and Supervisors
Role and responsibilities
- Candidates will need to be able to work various shifts between 07.30 and 20.00, Monday to Friday*.
- Carry out all Reception duties as required to include meeting and greeting visitors for client meetings, client dining, seminars, training courses and other events, liaising with meeting hosts and clients and following specific instructions for individual bookings and visitors
- Be fully familiar with the Room Booking system and Conference Suite facilities, especially the layout and usage of rooms, in order to meet reservation requests quickly & efficiently on a daily basis
- Carry out regular floor walks/room checks to ensure rapid turnaround of rooms and be proactive and effective in the co-ordination and monitoring of meeting room bookings on the day to ensure maximum utilisation of all meeting rooms
- Work closely with all team members in Reservations London, Event and Graduate training teams to ensure that all special requests are forwarded to the relevant parties immediately.
- Liaise directly with the AV, IT, Catering and Housekeeping teams, ensuring that all equipment and/or catering are provided correctly and on time, and then promptly cleared at the end of each meeting.
- Be responsible for completing a thorough checklist for early morning and late shift duties in accordance with the team procedures; this includes comprehensive room checks and thorough handovers and reports for each shift.
- Be responsible for ensuring all messages for clients and staff are forwarded in a timely and professional manner, using good liaison & telephone skills.
- Communicate with all team members especially during handovers and when covering breaks. Be flexible and responsive in carrying out all duties, in some cases aiding the Front of House team and Business Services teams in other areas, as and when required.
- Assist clients with any travel amendments, all internal travel should be booked through the Travel Desk in BSQ, taxis are arranged by the ground floor Concierge for external clients.
- Coordinate associate lists & make arrangement for client swears and affidavits requests.
- Provide administrative support to clients and staff, as required, such as printing, copying, scanning, courier requests etc. Obtain work from meeting rooms when requested i.e. photocopying, typing and faxing and ensure that any documents/faxes left unattended are delivered to the appropriate individual.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach in undertaking these duties and any other duties or shifts as required by the Business or Front of House Manager.
- Ensure that all clients and A&O staff including International visitors are dealt with exceptionally high standards of customer service at all times.
- Flexible and mobile approach are essential to work in a number of different areas within Front of House on a rotational basis.
- Maintain a professional corporate image and immaculate presentation at all times.
- Provide administrative support to clients and staff, as required.
- Communicate with all team members especially during handovers and when covering breaks.
- Be fully familiar with an electronic room booking system and Conference Suite facilities, especially the layout and usage of rooms, in order to meet reservation requests quickly & efficiently on a daily basis.
- Reception experience gained within a medium-to-large organisation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a friendly and motivated attitude are essential, as is the ability to liaise with staff and clients at all levels.
- Excellent telephone manner and the ability to project a professional and efficient image of the firm at all times.
- Highly computer literate with the ability to learn new systems quickly and work under pressure. Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and Electronic Reservations Systems advantageous. Typing speed 40+ wpm.
- Flexible and multi-skilled, to match the changing demands of the business.
- Team player and enthusiastic to deliver excellent client care on a daily basis.
Working shift pattern of 7.30am to 3.30pm, 8.00am to 4.00pm, 9.00am to 5.00pm, 10.00am to 6.00pm, 11.00am to -7.00pm and 12.00pm to 8.00pm on a weekly rotation.
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.