We are currently recruiting for a Client Money Assistant to join our Finance team in London to be responsible for the adherence of the SRA Accounts Rules 2019 and ensuring all transactions are completed and processed through the host system (Elite 3E) and the various online banking platforms.
Role and responsibilities
- Ensuring all receipts into the firm’s client account are promptly and accurately allocated in accordance with the SRA Accounts Rules 2019 and are recorded onto host system (Elite 3E).
- Notifying partners / associates immediately of the receipt of funds into the client account.
- Placing client money onto the appropriate deposit accounts and accounting for interest per the firm’s Interest Policy.
- Preparing payment request forms for onward payments on behalf of fee earning community.
- Ensure client EFT's paid away promptly and accurately in accordance with the instructions provided through NatWest BankLine online portal adhering to internal controls.
- Recording all client account payments onto the host system (Elite 3E) adhering to internal controls.
- Prepare and record inter-ledger for client to office transfers and office to client transfers adhering to internal controls.
- Liaise with Finance Cash Allocation Team relating to duplicate/overpayment of A&O invoices.
- Reporting to partners / associates on all client account balances held and to assist with the clearance of such balances.
- Prepare and provide statements of client account movements on specific matters as and when required.
- Preparation of daily client account bank reconciliations on any of the client bank accounts that had transactions the previous day and to ensure any reconciling items are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Preparation of monthly client account bank reconciliations ensuring any reconciling items are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Preparation of Bill on Account reconciliations ensuring any reconciling items are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Liaise with external auditors relating to the firm’s SRA Audit to ensure requested information is provided promptly.
- The above list is not exhaustive and the successful applicant may undertake other tasks to support the Client Money Team.
- Commitment to providing and maintaining professional, responsive and effective relationships.
- Active team member who supports and engages with others and works effectively in a team.
- Shares knowledge and skills, and provides and accepts feedback.
- Excellent communicator and confident in interaction with individuals at all levels. Listens and understands issues from all perspectives and values others opinions.
- Delivers tasks in a professional and organised way with limited supervision and responsive to immediate priorities.
- Ability to work well under pressure, takes a flexible approach and multi-tasks effectively to meet targets and tight deadlines.
- Committed to the maintenance of established processes and systems.
Who we are looking for
- Good numeracy and literacy skills and a minimum of 5 Grade C (or Grade 5) GCSE’s or equivalent (including at least a grade B / grade 6 in English & Maths)
- Excellent knowledge and exposure to the SRA Accounts Rules 2019.
- Experience with Elite 3E advantageous, but not essential.
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.