We currently have an opportunity for someone with experience of Elite 3E finance and practice management system (or similar) and excellent finance transactional processing knowledge gained within a finance operational or systems role to join our Finance team in London as a Finance Systems Support Analyst.
This role will provide high quality expert financial systems support to users and proactively assist in training and user education. They will create and maintain administration and user documentation and aid in the identification of functional improvements and participate in their design, testing and implementation. They will also provide project support for solution implementations and rollouts.
We structure the team to ensure that all team members learn, develop and mentor on a set of core skills / competencies across all finance applications, depending on experience. New team members will be expected to take time to learn the core skills and applications before specialising. The areas of specialisation will be determined by your experience, interests and needs of the business but will help to structure your development throughout your time at Allen & Overy.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide high quality and expert financial systems support to our global user community
- Manage 3E support calls in a timely manner using the agreed incident management processes and systems
- Recording, monitoring and escalation of software bugs and issues
- Manage user expectations in a professional and customer orientated manner to provide a high quality customer service
- Continuously strive to improve service, processes and use of Finance Systems
- Daily monitoring and maintenance of the Finance Systems
- Assist in the maintenance and coordination of system setups and security
- Actively engage in projects being undertaken to improve finance systems
- Assist with the design of functional improvements and provide software testing to ensure solution meets requirements and is ready for implementation
- Aid in the identification of functional improvements by business partnering with BA and Development teams, and subsequent logging of changes within development tracking systems
- Aid in the identification of areas for performance improvement and assist IT in the analysis and testing of subsequent solutions
- Perform the 3E month-end and year-end processes (on a rota basis)
- Develop a deep understanding of customised Elite 3E solution and peripheral integrated systems
- Create and maintain administration and user documentation. Ensure all relevant documentation is stored and published within appropriate systems (i.e. virtual files and Intranet)
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of training documentation and scripts. Assist in the provision of training courses as required, to ensure all Finance users have the appropriate knowledge for their role
- Support and provide cover for other Finance Systems Support Analysts within the Finance Systems Group team
- Support hours are from 7 am to 7 pm UK time, therefore being able work in shift patterns on a rota basis.
- Experience of Elite 3E finance and practice management system (or similar) is necessary.
- Willingness to learn new systems and underlying technologies (e.g SQL and reporting concepts) to problem solve.
- Excellent finance transactional processing knowledge gained within a Finance operational or systems role
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in service-oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with excellent time management skills
- Although teamwork is vital, needs to be able to work on their own, therefore taking the initiative and having a desire to get the job done
- Ability to adapt to and implement change
- A flexible approach and a can do attitude a must
- Experience working in a global organisation with complex structures
- Ability to work with others remotely essential as team is split over multiple locations and the reach of the support provided is global.
- Experience within a support and training function
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.