Working as a member of the Emerging Talent team with a focus on the acquisition and development of our graduate programme across the UK and Internationally, you will strive to achieve the highest standards of learning and development, HR and acquisition provision for the firm's emerging talent. This role can be based in London or any of the following regional offices including Bristol, Manchester, Sheffield, Glasgow or Edinburgh.
CMS is a Future Facing firm with more than 70 offices in over 40 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide. We combine deep local market understanding with a global perspective. We are passionate about building strong relationships with our clients, our people, and the communities we work in.
We take a bold, dynamic, and agile approach to ensure our clients are able to face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of working. Our aim is to inspire, impact and support our clients and our people, helping them to maximize their potential and thrive.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Emerging Talent, you will be responsible for the current and future trainees as well as the acquisition of the firm's future talent, ensuring they are fully supported and engaged with the business prior to joining and throughout their time up to qualification as a newly qualified solicitor.
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
* Delivering the annual Emerging Talent strategy in line with firm-wide objectives and develop the media and marketing campaign to support this.
* Delivering a compelling and unique marketing & advertising campaign to ensure a strong brand both on campus, in the legal/emerging talent press and on-line to attract candidates of the highest calibre.
* Ensuring the attraction of quality candidates and a fair, consistent & comprehensive selection process.
* Managing of the recruitment and interviewing process for the graduate emerging talent programmes.
* Building relationships with academics, faculty staff, careers service staff and student societies and law society presidents. Establish strong working relationships with emerging talent representatives from other firms, agencies, organisations and publications.
* Working with the RBSI and Diversity & Inclusion teams on emerging talent diversity initiatives and work closely with the Emerging Talent Advisors to ensure a seamless progression from campus to firm.
* Working with colleagues to drive innovation and continuous improvement across the HR function.
* Developing the innovative CMS Academy proposition as best in class in the market and ensure maximum benefits derived from investment.
* Supporting early talent with developing their career in the firm and progressing to qualification.
* Managing and liaising with key stakeholders (partners and office managers) for all secondments to clients and non-UK offices, including obtaining the relevant approvals, management of the logistics, recommendations and obtaining feedback.
* Overseeing the bi-annual qualification process for trainee solicitors.
* Managing the planning of the Emerging Talent Induction from the planning, attending and facilitating of the programme.
* Design and delivery of professional skills programme to emerging talent and their supervisors.
* Working closely with our preferred education providers to ensure that the compulsory and optional training needs/courses are completed.
* Working with colleagues to drive innovation and continuous improvement across the Emerging Talent team.
* To carry out ad-hoc tasks and projects to support the strategic direction of the overall Talent Acquisition function.
To meet the demands of the role you will have the following skills;
* Proven track record of recruiting emerging talent within a professional services or legal environment.
* Commercially focussed, with good negotiation skills, well organised and with the ability to manage a large and varied workload.
* Ability to define and implement creative campaigns and innovative approaches.
* An understanding of how to qualify as a solicitor in England, Scotland and some of our international offices.
* Strong HR technical skills, able to manage a wide range of situations.
* Effective networker, good at building and maintaining relationships both internally and externally.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Proactive customer service focus.
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.