Are you keen to find an exciting new role where you will be part of a dynamic, forward-thinking, agile team? If so, come and join us on the journey.
Why Michelmores? Michelmores is the destination law firm for the ambitious, the imaginative and the distinctive. We help enterprises and individuals navigate change to find a positive future.
We are a flexible, friendly and inclusive organisation with as clear a focus on fresh thinking as we have on growth and success. We value and nurture our people’s potential and inspiration and give them a creative, open and collaborative environment in which to develop a career and succeed.
As a firm we strive to be more understanding, more ﬂexible and less prescriptive about how we enable our people to succeed in their roles. Central to our culture is our nurturing, friendly and flexible environment which genuinely allows our people to grow and flourish.
We’re always thinking about how we can improve what we do, moving forward, together. From day one we encourage people to believe that there’s no such thing as a bad idea and creativity and innovation is highly prized throughout the Firm.
What sort of work? We have an exciting opportunity for a Tax, Trust & Succession (TTS) Team Coordinator to join our Private Client department, based in our Exeter/Bristol/London offices.
In this role you will provide support to the TTS Team Leader, Partners, and lawyers with the organisation of meetings, travel and events, including liaising with the departmental support hub to coordinate work to and from the team. You will also support with client contact, being a key point of contact for clients wherever relevant and possible.
This will include:
- Assisting the TTS Team Leader with the organisation of regular team meetings and proactively follow up on all actions and initiatives.
- Supporting the TTS Team Leader in strategic Firm-wide and departmental initiatives.
- Providing comprehensive support for the financial management process.
- Organising client events / seminars in conjunction with Marketing, attending to meet and greet clients.
- Undertaking regular reviews of files and papers for lawyers.
Why this team? Our Tax, Trusts and Succession team has a well-established practice and has consistently been awarded top accolades in recognition of the level at which the team operates. The team works across all of our offices and advises on a full range of private client matters.
You will also be working closely with our Professional Support Services (PSS) team who provide our lawyers with invaluable support in servicing our clients. The PSS team are aligned to a particular legal department where they can build and develop their specialist knowledge.
How do we work? We take a flexible, agile approach to working patterns. As a team we agree together on the best working arrangements that will enable each of us to provide exceptional client service, to collaborate and connect with colleagues, and to achieve the right home/work balance. Most people in the Firm choose to work 2-3 days a week in the office (although more may be required at times), with the balance being working from home. We pride ourselves on our high-performance culture whilst offering a good work/life balance.
As a Firm we are committed to supporting our people across all levels to achieve the balance they need. We are open to talk flexible working and to empower any candidate to put forward a flexible working pattern to meet their needs.
Who are we looking for? We are looking for somebody who will understand our values and thrive in our culture.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Substantial experience in legal support (PA, Legal Secretary, LSA, etc).
- Previous experience supporting a TTS team, including International work.
- Experience in diary management and the ability to multi-task.
- Fast, accurate typing skills.
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.) and data management systems.
- Experience of working to compliance and file maintenance procedures is advantageous.
Other skills required include:
- Excellent organisational skills, demonstrable examples of a methodical, flexible approach and an ability to juggle competing and changing priorities under pressure.
- Effective communicator at all levels (both written and verbal) and able to quickly build confidence, respect and trust with others.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A commercial, pro-active and positive approach to work.
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic.
- Interact well with others in a sensitive and effective way - a team player, with a willingness to help others.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality, data protection and the use of tact and discretion.
This is a great opportunity to join a Firm which believes potential, inspiration, and teamwork should be valued and nurtured.
We work hard to create and sustain an open and collaborative environment. We embrace change and constantly evolve to meet our people’s diverse needs, in the same way that we help our clients to navigate and stay ahead of developments, to move forward together.
Next Steps To apply please click below or if you would like to talk to someone about the role, please call Rebecca Pike in our Recruitment Team on 07719 523119.
Michelmores LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We do not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, marital status, age, religion, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation in the selection, recruitment and treatment of our staff.
View our Inclusion and Belonging page for more information.
*No agencies please – any agency assistance will be via invitation only. Please note any speculative candidates submitted via agencies without invitation will not be considered as represented by that agent.