Are you keen to find an exciting new role where you will be part of a dynamic, forward-thinking, agile team? If so, come and join us on the journey.
Why Michelmores? Michelmores is the destination law firm for the ambitious, the imaginative and the distinctive. We help enterprises and individuals navigate change to find a positive future.
We are a flexible, friendly and inclusive organisation with as clear a focus on fresh thinking as we have on growth and success. We value and nurture our people’s potential and inspiration and give them a creative, open and collaborative environment in which to develop a career and succeed.
As our clients’ needs change and evolve, so do we. Our business services teams are continuously looking for ways to innovate and attract and retain the best clients and the brightest people. Central to our culture is our nurturing, friendly and flexible environment which genuinely allows our people to grow and flourish, both professionally and personally. We really care about what we stand for and want to move forward together.
What sort of work? Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Assistant to join our Operational Services team in our Exeter office.
In this role, you will provide efficient and effective caretaking support to Woodwater House including ensuring the security and general appearance of the buildings and the surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards through a program of preventative, routine and reactive maintenance.
This will include:
- Providing 1st line facilities support to the business
- Undertaking building and maintenance duties as required.
- Engaging and supervising Contractors to undertake specialist tasks, within budgetary and policy restrictions.
- Attending and supervising, where necessary, personnel visiting the site such as Contractors.
- Keeping accurate records and costings associated with all jobs
- Looking after the firm's van, including monthly checks of engine oil and water, and general cleanliness inside and out
Why this team? Covering legal document production, facilities, reception, catering, post, archiving and office support, our Operational Services team keeps our offices running. The team plays a key role in delivering a first-class service to our clients when they visit our offices, maintains our shared working spaces and supports the lawyers in completing their day-to-day activities.
How do we work? We take a flexible, agile approach to working patterns. As a Firm we are committed to supporting our people across all levels to achieve the balance they need. We are open to talk flexible working and to empower any candidate to put forward a flexible working pattern to meet their needs. We pride ourselves on our high-performance culture whilst offering a good work/life balance.
Who are we looking for? We are looking for somebody who will understand our values and thrive in our culture.
The role is based in our Exeter office and the ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant facilities experience or tradesperson background.
- Understanding of Health and Safety at Work.
- Clean, valid driving license.
- An ability to use ladders and hand tools where necessary.
Other skills required include:
- Must be self-motivated, committed to working towards goals with strong enthusiasm and client service.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work unsupervised.
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective communicator at all levels (written and verbal).
- Must be flexible, successfully adapting to changing demands and conditions.
- Excellent organisational skills, demonstrable examples of multi-tasking and an ability to juggle competing priorities.
- High attention to detail, producing accurate work.
This is a great opportunity to join a Firm which believes potential, inspiration, and teamwork should be valued and nurtured.
We work hard to create and sustain an open and collaborative environment. We embrace change and constantly evolve to meet our people’s diverse needs, in the same way that we help our clients to navigate and stay ahead of developments, to move forward together.
Next Steps To apply please click here or if you would like to talk to someone about the role, please call Rebecca Pike, Recruitment Specialist, on 07719 523119.
Michelmores LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We do not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, marital status, age, religion, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation in the selection, recruitment and treatment of our staff.
View our Inclusion and Belonging pages for more information.
*No agencies please – any agency assistance will be via invitation only. Please note any speculative candidates submitted via agencies without invitation will not be considered as represented by that agent.