Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East. Our global footprint is further enhanced by our strategic partnership with Interlaw which works to facilitate our management of multi-jurisdictional matters. We have leading practices in Corporate, Litigation, Tax, Banking and Finance, Real Estate and Private Wealth.
We have always been proud of our natural commitment to diversity and inclusion and value the variety of our partnership. We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. Our strategic direction is shaped by a desire to grow our business in a way that is responsible and sustainable and has the principles of ESG at its core, guiding the way we operate firmwide.
Working in the office as a business critical member of the Firm, alongside our other Team Assistants. This role involves the provision of full administrative support to the Partners, fee earners and PAs in all departments. This role offers a diverse range of tasks that provide a breadth of experience in developing a wide range of skills within a professional City firm.
What you will be doing
- Working as an integral part of the fee earner support team
- Exceptional client service skills
- Filing and file management, including file opening and closing
- Assisting at internal and external seminars
- Producing and engrossing documents
- Scheduling and compiling bibles of documents
- Obtaining official copy documents from various local authorities and other third-party search providers
- Using Land Registry Portal and other online searches services
- Filing of deeds, documents, correspondence and other documentation
- Maintaining filing and document management systems
- Assisting with the administration of file archiving and retrieval service
- Scanning, photocopying and printing
- Ad hoc administrative duties where required
- Provide support and cover for administrative staff and assist other departments as required
- Assisting with incoming/outgoing post duties
- Covering reception when required
Our operational staff will receive training as a first aider and fire warden. This list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and may be subject to change depending on the needs of the business.
What you will need
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- An ability to operate autonomously with minimum supervision – a self-starter
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- The flexibility to work outside normal hours may be required from time to time
- A thorough understanding in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in an administrative role (desirable)
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- An effective and committed team player
- Ability to use initiative and apply common sense
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritise competing demands and work within deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive and proactive attitude
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.