The Finance Service Desk Manager role is part of the Finance Change & Projects Team and reports to the Programme Lead.
The Finance Service Desk Manager is responsible for leading on the design, implementation and management of a refreshed service desk model that provides query management capabilities for all international finance services.
The Finance Service Desk is responsible for the timely and efficient resolution of all queries raised with them either by directly resolving the issue within the team, or through assigning queries to other finance teams, liaising with them to drive a timely resolution. This role will also provide the lead on improving and imbedding self-service capabilities into the wider finance support model, including a revised knowledge base and content management process, development standard query resolution procedures, utilising query management technologies (such as messaging, chat, workflow and voice technologies) and develop a suite of service management performance metrics.
This Finance Service Desk Manager will also be the primary point of contact for service desk escalations, they will be required to interface directly with Partners, the firm’s leadership team and will work closely with our IT colleagues around queries and initiatives that involve technology. This role requires excellent communication and customer service skills, attention to detail, team motivation, management and process management skills.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and oversee all Finance Service Desk requests and ensure they are resolved efficiently by managing ticket assignment, workload and client communications
- Management and prioritisation of the service request queue and escalations
- Run daily huddles, weekly service desk meetings, assignment of action items and follow up with the service desk team to completion
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of team processes, standard operating procedures and corresponding documentation
- Continuous service improvement, seeking opportunities to increase employee support satisfaction and strengthen user relationships
- Responsible for service request lifecycle within the entire service desk team
- Troubleshoot end-user incidents and requests by virtual sessions, telephone or chat function
- Ability to take and give direction and successfully follow through on assigned tasks to completion
- Build and maintain knowledgebase training, process and procedure materials for the service desk team
The Business Analyst must have strong organisational and communication skills. The individual appointed must also be capable of understanding the wider objectives of the programme, be able to influence others, and be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, with team colleagues and with service providers involved in the management and operation of the programme and have the experience to mentor and support team members.
The role holder will have a background in working on large-scale Finance Transformation Programmes ideally with a wealth of experience in the Legal or professional services industry implementing new Billing and front office process design.
- Minimum of 3 years customer service experience in a lead/supervisory role
- Demonstrate knowledge of ServiceNow
- Exceptional customer service experience and skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of users with varying degrees of ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised, ability to keep track of not only their tasks but also the tasks assigned to team members
- Experience of working with Fulcrum SNAP, or similar legal Practice Management System
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.