Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com.
To deliver on Ashurst's 2027 strategy ambition, we are investing in re-defining a differentiated approach to our Business Development activities, both within CMG and in the wider firm.
The GTMI Development Senior Manager will be responsible for leading a program that creates the standards, processes and toolkit for Ashurst to deliver consistently across the full sales cycle.
This is a hands-on role, requiring highly experienced practitioners who not only know and understand best practice theory, but can adapt and test it against Ashurst's culture, ambition and target operating model for Business Development.
They will be responsible for developing multiple programs simultaneously, and lean on the firm's service areas (both Business Services and practice groups) to deliver on behalf of the program.
Develop a tailored, common sales methodology for Ashurst globally.
Identify the skills and capabilities that CMG requires to effectively support Ashurst across the full sales lifecycle
Identify the skills that fee earners require to effectively develop new business throughout their Ashurst career.
Work with Learning & Organisational Development to design a sales skills training program and build a business case for investment
Develop and implement the tools and processes required to increase Ashurst's business development impact in the market.
Develop and deliver a culture change program to align Ashurst's ways of working with a BD mindset
- Developing and empowering others in a team or project lead position
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in business case development to secure investment
- Strong written communication and ability to synthesize complex ideas into simplified, client-centric language
- Known as a "connector" of people, ideas, intelligence
- Natural "galvaniser" with strong influencing skills across a diverse and senior stakeholder group
- Lead teams within a change program
- Experienced understanding of the sales cycle and sales methodologies
- Experience with best practice CRM usage, and CRM as an enabler to the sales process
- Proven track record of working across full program lifecycle from development to implementation, through to embedding and impact measurement.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work across multiple projects with multiple stakeholders, simultaneously
- Critical thinker - ability to apply best practice to Ashurst's ways of working and specific requirements
- Ability to synthesize inputs and feedback from multiple (often competing) sources and create a single point of view
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.