We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Software Developer In Test to join our Engineering team within IT in London. This Manager level role This role supports the successful operation, improvement, and maintenance of the Markets Innovation Group (MIG) suite of legal products. Working closely with other colleagues in the MIG Product Team, you will bring sustainability, consistency, and resilience to the team through your passion and dedication to test automation.
The Engineering Team, part of the Architecture, Data & Engineering function, are primarily accountable for delivering the software and applications that Allen & Overy develop internally, and with the help of selected near source and outsource partners.
This includes providing:
- APIs to integrate internal systems.
- Data processing and analytics to enable data-driven decision-making.
- Bespoke legal applications for internal and external clients.
The Markets Innovation Group product team are building cutting edge AI-powered legal solutions for clients. Primarily focused on Microsoft technologies, the team thrive on innovation, driven by an entrepreneurial spirit to quickly turn concepts into prototypes, and then into production-quality products.
What you’ll do in this role
- Author, maintain, extend, and improve test automation and test frameworks in the MIG applications.
- Represent testing in sprint planning meetings and backlog refinement.
- Champion and implement test automation best practices.
- Liaise with external testing partners.
- Drive operational improvements with an operational excellence mindset.
- Work with product stakeholders to define and refine Service Level Objectives, Service Level Indictors, and Service Level Agreements.
- Review application monitoring and performance of the MIG applications with DevOps colleagues.
- Mentor and coach junior members of the team.
You should apply if you bring
- Strong foundational knowledge of the .NET ecosystem, tooling, and C# language.
- Strong software architecture patterns and practices.
- Demonstrable test strategy and test automation skills including integrating test automation into CI/CD pipelines.
- A pragmatic approach to functional and non-functional testing for the greatest impact.
- Expertise with Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) tooling and practices.
- Delivery-focused approach that optimises for business benefit.
- Working knowledge of containerisation and virtual environments.
- A growth mindset where challenges and setbacks help you prosper.
- Evidence of a continuous learning habit.
- Refined presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Focus and commitment to excellent customer service.
You’ll stand out if you bring
- BSc or higher in a STEM-related discipline.
- Azure certifications.
- Experience with GitHub Actions and automated workflows.
- Open source contributions, or hobby projects, in public repositories.
- Self-authored blogs, podcasts, or public speaking at tech community events.
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.