We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Developer to join our Engineering team within IT in London. The Engineering Team, part of the Architecture, Data & Engineering function, are primarily accountable for delivering the software and applications that Allen & Overy develop internally, and with the help of selected near source and outsource partners.
This includes providing:
- APIs to integrate internal systems.
- Data processing and analytics to enable data-driven decision-making.
- Bespoke legal applications for internal and external clients.
The Markets Innovation Group (MIG) product team are building cutting edge AI-powered legal solutions for clients. Primarily focused on Microsoft technologies, the team thrive on innovation, driven by an entrepreneurial spirit to quickly turn concepts into prototypes, and then into production-quality products.
What you’ll do in this role
- Work on frontend and backend development.
- Write unit, integration, and acceptance tests.
- Write Infrastructure as Code (IaC) templates in Bicep.
- Work with MIG product stakeholders to refine acceptance criteria.
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, retrospectives, and demos.
- Maintain and extend the capabilities of the MIG products.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team and its work.
You should apply if you bring
- Extensive knowledge of the C# language, toolchain, and .NET ecosystem
- Demonstrable knowledge of software architecture, patterns, testing and debugging
- Experience authoring and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Broad experience with a variety of database technologies.
- A foundational understanding of Machine Learning technologies.
- Experience of modern API development e.g., Swagger, API versioning and Blue / Green deployments.
- Strong stakeholder management.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude, with a positive mindset.
- A growth mindset, proactive self-development, and a desire to learn from others.
- Entrepreneurial thinking.
You’ll stand out if you bring
- Experience with Blazor
- Experience with building solutions in Azure Cloud.
- Experience with GitHub workflows.
- Experience with containerization technologies, such as Docker.
- Security-focused approach and a passion for building secure systems.
- Experience of working in highly regulated sectors.
- Contributions back to the community through open source / Stack Overflow / Meetups.
- Publicly available personal coding projects that showcase your dedication to continuous learning.
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.