The Business Intelligence Developer will report into the Business Intelligence Lead. As part of the Finance Business Intelligence reporting team, you will be key in understanding, implementing, and managing the current and future End-User data reporting and exploration tools used within Insight – the Finance BI reporting system. The role will work very closely with the Visualisation and Data team, along with representatives of the wider finance team and other users of Insight within the business.
In concert with the BI Reporting Lead, the Business Intelligence Developer will be responsible for the organisation’s business intelligence reporting which will help drive key performance indicators within all areas of the business. Development of management reports and applications for clients and internal use. You will play a key role in transformational projects that involve the creation of a Semantic Layer for BI Reporting.
The role will assist in the adoption and adherence to high standards of application development, whilst ensuring an agile and ‘can-do’ approach.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ingesting data from a variety of group wide data sources and performing required transformations
- Design and development of standard reporting within end-user tools, to satisfy regular reporting requirements of the Firm
- Enhancement of existing reporting to suit new or enhanced business requirements to meet Internal and client needs
- Liaise with Product Owners and business users where appropriate to understand and scope requirements
- Contributing to the creation and maintenance of end-user reporting capability within Insight, ensuring fitness for purpose and appropriateness for the requirements of Insight’s users and adherence to Insight’s strategy
- Creating and maintaining SQL objects such as views, stored procedures and functions relating to the semantic layer and automated processes
- Assist in the refinement of Agile Stories associated with the development of reporting processes
- Working with colleagues to manage User Acceptance Testing (UAT) processes and fixing any defects identified
- Compliance with and contribution to development standards
- Compliance with company policies and procedures
- Oversee the documentation of all programming design and process-analysis work relating to end-user reporting
- Consult with infrastructure, project, and product teams to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture, as well as to consult as appropriate when it seems necessary to modify the enterprise architecture
- Solid experience in the delivery of reporting for end-users using Business Objects Web-Intelligence
- Experience in the use of MS PowerBI would be an advantage
- Experience of reporting against data stored within an Enterprise Warehouse, ideally utilising SAP HANA calculation Views
- Has a background in data manipulation, SQL Script, and data modelling for reporting
- Significant experience in creating and maintaining SQL objects such as views, stored procedures and functions relating to automated processes
- Has excellent analytical, problem solving and technical skills with reporting tools
- Good communication skills, and experience in liaising with Business Relationship managers and Clients where appropriate, as well as third-party contributors
- An ability to assist in the understanding and translation of business issues and clearly formulate technical solutions to those issues
- Practical experience in working within a Scrum Agile development environment and delivering against a regular Sprint cadence
- A clear focus on the delivery of accurate and fast solutions addressing key goals
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, infrastructure, and operations
- A strong sense of ‘ownership’ and responsibility in the solutions developed and in their team
- Experience of working within a corporate Finance department is desirable, though not mandatory
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.