The Service Manager for SAP Integrations is responsible for managing the planning and implementation support including overseeing administration and monitoring across the SAP integrated solutions.
The Integrated Services Squad provides 3rd line support, manages applications, manages Small Change and supports the IT verticals in delivering global projects and initiatives to the international business. You are primarily responsible for applications in the following regions:
The role holder will be responsible for the effective management of the team and individual performance to ensure delivery of business, team and personal objectives. They will organise the work of the function and the individuals within the function, continually striving for excellence, making the best use of the models, resources and toolsets available.
The Integrations manager is accountable for the technical delivery and quality of SAP interfaces, supporting Technical Architects on the solutioning of new demands and functionality.
About the Team:
The IT SAP Platform is a new service offering within IT to support the new SAP platforms covering HR and Finance Services. The team has been formed to cover end to end service levels to the business services within DLA Piper and is supported by an underpinning 3rd party to provide Level 3 Application and platform expertise. The IT SAP Platform works within IT and collaborates with other teams within IT and Finance Systems to ensure that ITIL best practice is followed and that consistent resolutions are delivered to the business.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring strong ownership of the services managed by the Integrated Service Squad, both internally and externally hosted.
- Ensuring the highest standard of service management for the services managed by Operations.
- Forming and managing productive relationships with business representatives of the supported services.
- Forming and managing productive relationships with the IT and Corporate Project Delivery teams.
- Forming and managing productive relationships with appropriate product/service vendors.
- Prioritisation of BAU support work: incident, problem and change management
- Prioritisation of BAU viability work: upgrades, patching, and releases.
- Prioritisation of BAU developments, enhancements and fixes, task and resource planning.
- Active stake holding and resource allocation to assist with the development, management, and delivery of product roadmaps for their core technologies through projects and initiatives.
- Anticipating and understanding the business needs and priorities in relation to their area.
- Defining on the firms and departments vision and strategy to meet the above needs in conjunction with the business, in relation to operations.
- Executing the global IT strategy and ensuring that the strategy is realised in accordance with IT policies, procedures, and standards.
- Yearly budget planning for BAU support and viability projects, initiatives and temporary staff
- People Management including performance management, compensation negotiations, disciplinary procedures, and mentoring/progression planning.
- Represent the team in problem management and take the lead in establishing root cause and permanent fixes
- Proactively manage server OS and application patching activities for the internally hosted pre-production, Functional System Testing and Production environments.
- Attend CAB (Change Advisory Board) as the approver for Integrated Services Squad ensuring readiness for support and monitoring changes that my impact on service
- Progress requests for support and ensure all stakeholders are kept informed, monitor and manage the support queue
- Liaising with systems development staff and software suppliers on the development of enhancements and fixes
- Manage the transition process of work from Project to BAU ensuring that all required –Design, Maintenance and Support documentation is in handed over
- Identify new opportunities and continuous improvement
- To take responsibility for running the service and reporting to the Head of IT SAP Platform any service or operational issues
- Ensuring that all tasks and procedures are carried out effectively and efficiently to agreed levels of service or specific requirements of Service and Operational level agreements.
The role holder will have experience of working on large-scale international business transformation programmes, matrix service organisations or Enterprise / global services preferably with experience of working on programmes that involve the introduction of new technology and have:
- Expert in Service Management, Support & Maintenance of internally & externally hosted Enterprise applications in an international environment utilising ITIL best practice
- Knowledge of Stake holding as part of project life cycle on Enterprise work programs
- Experience in managing others.
- Knowledge of some or all of the following technologies/services:
- Elite Enterprise
- Intapp Time
- SAP HANA
- SQL Server
- MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of some or all of the following technologies/services:
- Marketing applications (e.g., LexisNexis Interaction)
- HR Applications (e.g., Oracle PeopleSoft)
- Misc. departmental specific, country specific applications
- Experience in Enterprise architectures and associated disciplines
- Knowledge of Budget management both capital and revenue
- Knowledge of techniques for identifying, gathering and validating customers’ needs in the delivery of IT services
- Awareness of general IT infrastructure components
- Strong commercial awareness
- Awareness of Project management and Business Analysis methodologies
- Agile and DevOps mindset – Fluent in both; promoting & demonstrating best practises; leading the way
- Understanding of Project and development life cycles
- Self manages workload, scopes project, and manages priorities.
- Must be pro-active and solutions driven.
- Decision-making – Whether it is dealing with employees, customers, management, or vendors, you will have to make decisions that affect the company.
- Team player, able to work cross functionally.
- Strong communicator able to articulate and translate complex technical solutions into business language to inform and influence a business audience.
- Desired experience
- Working knowledge in SAP process integration and orchestration (PI/PO)
- Extensive work on SAP integration technologies like ABAP Proxy, BAP/RFC/IDOC/ Web Services / IDOC Enhancements.
- Experience working on Cloud integration scenarios using products and adapters
- Knowledge of ABAP development with functional knowledge of Finance and HR modules
- Batchelors degree in Computer Science or Information Technology equivalent education
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.