To work as part of the International Risk Group (IRG) supporting the delivery of one or more projects across the group’s portfolio from initiation to closure.
Working in close partnership with the Risk & Resilience, Information Security and Internal Audit teams, you will manage the implementation of new products, services as well as helping to drive continuous improvement across the group.
The Project Manager leads definition, approach, facilitation, and satisfactory completion of assigned work, utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The IRG Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with stakeholders to define project objectives, scope, deliverables and success criteria
- Develop roadmaps, project plans, including timelines, resource allocation and budgets
- Establish clear project objectives and success criteria
- Create and maintain project schedules, resource plans and JIRA boards for assigned projects
- Collaborating with the CPMO to support the delivery of improvement initiatives with the project lifecycle process
- Identify, track and manage project risks and issues, working with the ERM function to conduct risk assessments to evaluate the impact and likelihood of identified project risks
- Lead cross functional project resources, ensuring adherence to project plans and timelines
- Monitor project progress, identifying and addressing deviations from the project plan
- Management of dependencies, go / no-go decisions and delivery forecasting
- Assist the teams in the effective operation of delivery (inc. stand-ups, retrospectives etc.)
- Maintain open and transparent communication with project stakeholders, team members and management, providing regular updates on project progress, issues and risks
- Create an environment of collaboration within the teams that allows for open dialogue and productive solutions for resolving risks
- Prepare and deliver reports, presentations and documentation related to project progress
- Champion a continuous improvement culture within and beyond the International Risk Group, leveraging metrics including productivity, predictability, people engagement and quality
- Ensure a motivating, engaging and happy atmosphere for delivery
- Several years’ experience in managing technical and business projects
- Experience working in software delivery and understanding the delivery process
- Credible core project management principles including excellent planning skills, RAID management, stakeholder communications, project governance, risk / change management and compliance
- Proven experience in creating and managing JIRA boards and other project management tools to ensure projects are tracked and managed
- Experience of Kanban, SCRUM, Agile and other project management methodologies
- Good technical knowledge with the ability to explain technical problems to non-technical business stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work with teams in different locations and time zones
- Ability to work through a large set of unknowns and translate them into effective plans
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
The following characteristics are essential:
- Strategic Perspective – Keeping organisational objectives and strategies in mind, and ensuring courses of action are aligned with the strategic context
- Influence, Persuasion and Personal Impact – Conveying a level of confidence and professionalism when engaging with stakeholders, influencing positively and persuading others to take a specific course of action when not in a position of authority
- Interacting with People – Establishing relationships, contributing to an open culture and maintaining contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Effective, approachable and sensitive communicator in different communities and cultures. Ability to adapt style and approach to meet the needs of different audiences
- Flexibility – Taking account of new information or changed circumstances and/or business requirements and modifying response to a problem or situation accordingly
- Commercial Orientation – Understanding commercial considerations and ensuring alignment with them when making decisions or recommending actions
- Initiative – Being proactive, anticipating opportunities for systems, service or product improvement or development and taking appropriate action(s)
- Persistence – Meeting targets, acting and/or fulfilling agreements even when adverse circumstances prevail
- Organisational Awareness – Understanding the hierarchy and culture of own, customer, supplier and partner organisations and being able to identify the decision makers and influencers
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.