We are recruiting a Reprographics Team Leader within our Property and Workplace team based in our Edinburgh office.
The Reprographics Team are an integral part of the Document Services Group, a team which focuses on delivering quality, consistent and a high standard of work to our clients. You will be responsible for the day to day management of the Reprographics Team, including reviewing performance and overseeing continuous development. Working with the team you will ensure a high level of customer service is maintained at all times, whilst responding to client requests promptly and efficiently.
You will work with the team to utilise production hardware and market leading software in providing a wide range of services to the business. The role requires a high level of IT knowledge in order to manipulate documents and utilise bespoke software.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a professional and reliable Reprographics service to all clients by following best practice, ensuring client and business requirements are clearly understood and that service levels are maintained.
- Provide day to day supervision of the Reprographics team including regular performance reviews, ongoing development, support, and absence management,
- To monitor the workflow and log requests as required whilst negotiating new deadlines or offering alternative solutions as required.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with key internal and external contacts, identifying and developing opportunities to improve service delivery in line with changing business requirements.
- Detailing work priorities for the team and keeping both the client and Senior Document Services Manager informed of any issues.
- Continually obtain departmental feedback via survey and key user meetings
- Liaise with preferred outsource providers to arrange out of hours cover as required
- Deal with approved suppliers to ensure stock levels within the department are maintained
- To attend internal meetings and to take an active part in discussions and give feedback
- Ensure all firm and departmental policies and processes are adhered to
- Liaise with the rest of the UK reprographics team to offer support and distribute work as required in order to effectively utilise resource.
- Ensuring all required paperwork and reports are kept up to date in line with departmental policies.
- Promotion of recycling initiatives in place within the firm and good housekeeping of the department.
- To produce and finish hard copy documents from a wide range of originals to a high standard in various sizes
- Undertake printing requests from a variety of applications including Microsoft office suite
- Scanning of hard copy originals to store on the document management system or to send electronically as required
- Manipulation and distribution of electronic documents using specialised software including OCR, redaction, and splitting files to ready for distribution via various methods.
- Using bespoke software to create electronic bibles to be distributed to clients or third parties as required
- Creation of PDF bundles containing multiple documents with bookmarks and pagination linked to an index
- Use of secure file transfer process to send large electronic files to external recipients
- Copying of data to/from digital media
- To undertake ad hoc departmental duties from time to time in accordance with departmental and business needs, as identified by the manager.
- High level of IT knowledge with an understanding of file structures and a wide range of applications
- Confident and able to build trust and rapport to develop effective relationships
- Experienced in operating production machines in a Reprographics environment,
- Polite with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Enthusiastic ‘can do’, positive attitude
- Able to handle multiple priorities, working to sometimes conflicting timescales in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to stay calm and composed in often demanding situations
- Focus on continued personal development and ensuring all training requirements are up to date
- Customer service focused
- Good timekeeping and attendance
- Ability to use own initiative
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.